Markus U. Diethelm
|Markus U. Diethelm|
|Group General Counsel
|Born||22 October 1957|
|Alma mater||University of Zurich
Stanford Law School
Markus U. Diethelm (born 22 October 1957) is a Swiss businessman. He is the Group General Counsel of UBS and a member of the Group Executive Board of UBS initially appointed to UBS AG in September 2008, and subsequently to UBS Group AG in 2014.
Education and professional memberships
He started his career with the Zurich law firm Bär & Karrer in 1983.
From 1992 until 1998, he joined Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher, a Los Angeles law firm where he focused on corporate matters, securities transactions, litigation and regulatory investigations while operating out of the firm's Brussels and Paris offices.
He became a member of the Group Executive Board and was appointed as Group General Counsel of UBS on 1 September 2008. Following restructuring process, he was appointed to the same position within the UBS Group AG in 2014.
Markus U. Diethelm is the Chairman of the Legal Committee of the Swiss American Chamber of Commerce.
He is also a member of:
- the Committee on Capital Markets Regulation
- the Swiss Advisory Council of the American Swiss Foundation, 
- the Foundation Council of the UBS International Center of Economics in Society 
- the Conseil de Fondation du Musée International de la Croix-Rouge et du Croissant-Rouge 
- and the Professional Ethics Commission of the Association of Swiss Corporate Lawyers. 
- [url=http://www.ubs.com/global/en/about_ubs/corporate-governance/group-executive-board/cv-markus-diethelm.html "UBS Markus U.Diethelm"]. UBS.com. Retrieved 2015-03-21.
- "Bär & Karrer". Bär & Karrer. Retrieved 2008-12-17.
- "Bloomberg Profile". bloomberg.com. Retrieved 2015-02-09.
- "Swiss Re appoints George Quinn as Chief Financial Officer as of 1 March 2007 - The Executive Board is further reinforced with three additional appointments". Swiss Re. Retrieved 2006-12-15.
- "Markus U Diethelm Profile". Reuters. Retrieved 2008-12-17.
- "Swiss American Chamber of Commerce". Swiss American Chamber of Commerce. Retrieved 2008-12-17.
- "Forbes Profile". Retrieved 2015-02-09.
- "Markus Diethelm CV on UBS". Retrieved 2015-03-23.