Marlboro Township, Stark County, Ohio
|Marlboro Township, Stark County, Ohio|
Municipalities and townships of Stark County
|• Total||36.5 sq mi (94.4 km2)|
|• Land||35.8 sq mi (92.8 km2)|
|• Water||0.6 sq mi (1.6 km2)|
|Elevation||1,217 ft (371 m)|
|• Density||118.0/sq mi (45.5/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1086981|
Located in the northern part of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Randolph Township, Portage County - north
- Atwater Township, Portage County - northeast
- Lexington Township - east
- Washington Township - southeast
- Nimishillen Township - south
- Plain Township - southwest corner
- Lake Township - west
No incorporated municipalities are located in Marlboro Township, although locations within the township are often given a Hartville, Louisville, or Alliance address. Furthermore, the township includes two unincorporated communities: Marlboro within the east, and New Baltimore within the extreme north.
Name and history
Statewide, the only other Marlboro Township is located in Delaware County.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Stark County, Ohio — Population by Places Estimates Ohio State University, 2007. Accessed 15 May 2007.
- Kilbourn, John (1833). "The Ohio Gazetteer, or, a Topographical Dictionary". Scott and Wright. p. 299. Retrieved 12 December 2013.