Marlboro Township Public School District
|Marlboro Township Public School District|
|Superintendent:||Dr. Eric M. Hibbs|
|Business Administrator:||Cindy Barr-Rague|
|Address:||1980 Township Drive
Marlboro, NJ 07746
|Enrollment:||6,024 (as of 2008-09)|
|Faculty (in FTEs):||445.5|
|District Factor Group:||I|
| %± vs.
|10||Operations & Maintenance||1,316||32||1,462||-10.0%|
|16||Median Teacher Salary||51,950||22||54,453|
|Data from NJDoE 2009 Taxpayers' Guide to Education Spending.
*Of K-8 districts with 751+ students. Lowest spending=1; Highest=88
The Marlboro Township School District is a community public school district that serves students in pre-Kindergarten through eighth grade in Marlboro Township in Monmouth County, New Jersey, United States.
The district is classified by the New Jersey Department of Education as being in District Factor Group "I", the second highest of eight groupings. District Factor Groups organize districts statewide to allow comparison by common socioeconomic characteristics of the local districts. From lowest socioeconomic status to highest, the categories are A, B, CD, DE, FG, GH, I and J.
Marlboro Township has a public high school, Marlboro High School (opened in 1968), home of the Mustangs, which is part of the Freehold Regional High School District. Some students in Marlboro attend Colts Neck High School, also part of the Freehold Regional High School District.
The district has eight school facilities: one pre-school, five elementary schools and two middle schools. The schools (with 2008-09 enrollment data from the National Center for Education Statistics), are as follows:
- Early Learning Center with 437 students (opened 2002) serves kindergarten and preschool special education. The latter group had in prior years been taught in the original "one room" Robertsville School built in 1832; this building still stands, down the road from the current Robertsville Elementary School.
- Dr. Renee Whelan, Principal
- Elementary Schools (Grades 1-5)
- Defino Central with 773 students (opened 1957)
- Nicholas Camera, Principal
- Frank J. Dugan with 715 students (opened 1987)
- Samuel Hendrickson, Principal
- Asher Holmes with 623 students (opened 1973)
- Marc Edery, Principal
- Marlboro Elementary with 651 students (opened 1971)
- Earl Tankard, Principal
- Robertsville with 651 students (opened 1968)
- Stephen Shifrinson, Principal
Middle Schools (Grades 6-8)
- Marlboro Memorial Middle School with 1,043 students, opened in 2003, and is home of the Monarch Lions, with the school colors of maroon and gold.
- John Pacifico, Principal
- Marlboro Middle School with 1,131 students, opened in 1976, and is home of the Hawks.
- Patricia Nieliwocki, Principal
The Marlboro Mavericks is a wrestling team jointly shared by the two middle schools. Founded in 2004, they have a franchise record of 33-6, with three Divisional Championships, along with two consecutive tournament championships and in 2005-2006 had a perfect 12-0 record in dual meets.
- Dr. Eric M. Hibbs, Superintendent
- Cindy Barr-Rague, Business Administrator / Board Secretary
- District information for the Marlboro Township School District, National Center for Education Statistics. Accessed March 19, 2011.
- Taxpayers' Guide to Education Spending April 2013, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed April 15, 2013.
- NJ Department of Education District Factor Groups (DFG) for School Districts, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed December 8, 2009.
- Data for the Marlboro Public Schools, National Center for Education Statistics. Accessed March 19, 2011.
- Schools, Marlboro Township Public School District. Accessed December 21, 2009.
- "Mavericks enjoy perfect season in CJ wrestling", Farmingdale News Transcript, February 1, 2006. Accessed July 23, 2008.
- Contacts & Hours, Marlboro Township Public School District. Accessed March 19, 2011.
- Monmouth County School Directory, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed November 5, 2009.
- Marlboro Public Schools (K-8) official website
- Marlboro Public Schools's 2012–13 School Report Card from the New Jersey Department of Education
- Data for the Marlboro Public Schools, National Center for Education Statistics
- Marlboro High School official website
- Colts Neck High School
- Freehold Regional High School District
- Freehold Regional High School District's 2012–13 School Report Card from the New Jersey Department of Education