Marlies Dekkers in 2012
29 November 1965 |
Marlies Dekkers was born in Oosterhout, Netherlands. She studied at the Art school in Breda, from which she graduated cum laude (with distinction) in 1991. With the aid of a government grant, she launched, two years later in 1993, her first collection of items under the fashion label Undressed, heralded at the time as a new approach to designing lingerie.
In 1996, Dekkers married Peter Wagenaar, a photographer. The couple has one daughter Zilver (Silver in Dutch). Wagenaar was also a member of the board of Marlies Dekkers' company. When the couple divorced in 2006, Wagenaar also left the company.
Points of sale
The Marlies Dekkers brand (stylized in print as "marlies|dekkers") has established 1000 points of sale worldwide and Marlies Dekkers stores are located in cities such as Amsterdam, Rotterdam, Antwerp, Paris, Bangkok, Berlin and Cologne. A store was briefly opened in New York from December 2008 to March 2009.
A store opened in Utrecht at the end of 2008.
There are 2 additional locations that carry marlies|dekkers in Salt Lake City, Utah. The brabar|boutique carries UNDRESSED and marlies|dekkers, which opened in 2012. Estilo established marlies|dekkers sales in 2009. The Australasian relater Myer carries this brand.
- Undressed Women (lingerie collection for women)
- Undressed Special Sizes (lingerie collection for curvy women)
- Undressed Girls (lingerie collection for young women)
- Undressed Men (modern underwear line for men)
- Undressed Cotton (never out of stock cotton line for both men and women)
- Undressed Secrets (vintage lingerie collection)
- Sundressed (beachwear & accessories)
- Sundressed Sunglasses (sunglasses)
- Nightdressed (luxurious lounge- and evening wear)
- Dutch Bodyfashion Award (1994)
- ELLE's Innovator of the Year Award (2004)
- Grand Seigneur (2005)
- Prix Veuve Clicquot Business woman of the year (2007)
- Cila Award - Best Fashion Lingerie (2007) 
- Creator of the Year (2008)
- CILA Award - Best Maternity Lingerie (2008)
- Marie Claire Prix de la Mode (2008) 
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Marlies Dekkers.|