|Directed by||Mark Grieco|
|Produced by||Mark Grieco
|Written by||Mark Grieco
|Music by||Todd Boekelheide|
|Edited by||Ricardo Acosta
Marmato is a 2014 American documentary film written, directed and produced by Mark Grieco. It is the debut feature film of Grieco. The film premiered in competition category of U.S. Documentary Competition program at the 2014 Sundance Film Festival on January 17, 2014, where it won the Candescent Award.
The film narrates 6-years long struggle of townspeople of Marmato, Caldas with Canadian mining company that wants the $20 billion in gold beneath their homes.
Director, Mark Grieco lived and filmed in the town of Marmato over the course of 5 1/2 years from 2008-2013. The entirety of the film takes place in the town except for two scenes in the nearby city of Medellín. Grieco worked alone filming with one camera, the Canon XH-A1. Production was forced to end when it became too dangerous to continue to film in the town. 
The film received positive response from critics. Kenneth Turan in his preview of Sundance 2014 for the Los Angeles Times said that it was among the festival's most memorable films and is "made with exceptional artistry." 
Daniel Feinberg in his Sundance review for HitFix called it "one of the best films I've seen in this year's U.S. Documentary Competition" with "compelling and fully realized characters". He goes on to say, "The whole thing is like a Werner Herzog film, man's base desires, juxtaposed with sublime and unconquerable nature" 
Jordan M. Smith from Ioncinema gave the film a positive review by saying that "Grieco’s film acts as an advocate for cultural preservation, but in doing he’s unfortunately woven a story as muddled as the conflict it documents."
|2014||Sundance Film Festival||U.S. Grand Jury Prize: Documentary||Mark Grieco||Nominated|
|Candescent Award||Mark Grieco||Won|
|Cartagena Film Festival||Best Documentary Film||Mark Grieco||Won|
|Best Colombian Film||Mark Grieco||Won|
|Audience Award for Best Documentary||Mark Grieco||Won|
|Ashland Independent Film Festival||Best Editing Feature Documentary||Mark Grieco and Ricardo Acosta||Won|
|Environmental Film Festival at Yale||Best Environmental Storytelling||Mark Grieco||Won|
|Seattle International Film Festival||Grand Jury Prize: Best Documentary||Mark Grieco||Won|
|Astra Film Festival||Eco Cinematography Award||Mark Grieco||Won|
|Santa Fe Independent Film Festival||Audience Choice Best Documentary Feature||Mark Grieco||Won|
|Habana International Film Festival||Special Jury Prize||Mark Grieco||Won|
- "2014 Sundance Docs in Focus: MARMATO". Retrieved 8 April 2014.
- "Sundance 2014: U.S. Documentary Competition". Retrieved 8 April 2014.
- Pamela McClintock, “Sundance: Candescent Films Announces 2014 Documentary Awards,” The Hollywood Reporter, January 18, 2014.
- "Meet the 2014 Sundance Filmmakers". Retrieved 16 April 2014.
- "Sundance Highlights". Retrieved 16 April 2014.
- "Sundance Film Review: ‘Marmato’". Retrieved 8 April 2014.
- "Review: ‘Marmato’". Retrieved 16 April 2014.
- "Review: ‘Marmato Mines for Gold and Drama in Colombia'". Retrieved 16 April 2014.
- "Marmato 2014 Sundance Review". Retrieved 8 April 2014.
- "Marmato: Sundance Review". Retrieved 8 April 2014.
- "54th FICCI: Cartagena Film Festival Announces Winners". Retrieved 16 April 2014.
- "2014 AIFF Award Winners". Retrieved 16 April 2014.
- "WINNERS OF EFFY 2014". Retrieved 16 April 2014.
- "2014 Best of SIFF".
- "Astra 2014 Winners".
- "2014 SANTA FE INDEPENDENT FILM FESTIVAL Award Winners".
- "2014 Coral Prize Winners".