From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Maro may refer to:
- A male name emanating from the Republic of Ragusa (today city of Dubrovnik in Croatia) often used by noble families, such as:
- A Tahitian men's loin-cloth, now superseded by the pareo or pareu.
- Maro or Maron, in Greek mythology he raised Dionysus as an infant. Later, he became a priest of Apollo
- Maro (ship, 1981)
- Maro (spider)
- Maro River (Merauke Regency, Indonesia)
- Virgil as he is sometimes referred to in English Renaissance literature
- Another name for Saint Maron
- Maro (Also MaRo) is the nickname for longtime Magic: The Gathering card designer Mark Rosewater. The truncated version of his name is both a card and a common shorthand around the Magic playing community. "Maro" cards (of which there are eight as of Time Spiral) reference the number of cards in players' hands and grow more powerful the more there are.
- Maro (Black Cat), a fictional sumo wrestler
- Another form of the female name Maria in Greek
- Maro, a village in Italia, part of Castelnovo ne' Monti municipality
- Maro, a little village in the south mediterranean coast of Spain, known by its rocky coast and limpid sea waters.
- MARO (Remedial Oil Blend), Abbreviation of "Martial Arts Remedial Oil" or "Multi Application Remedial Oil" A blend of essential oils which when used on injuries or certain conditions including those sustained during martial arts "conditioning", claims to improve recovery time and prevent infection.
- MARO, Massive Atrocity Response Operation
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.