Maroochydore railway line
- This article is about the proposed railway to Maroochydore, Queensland. For the existing Sunshine Coast Citytrain service, see Nambour and Gympie North railway line.
|Line length||0 km (0 mi)|
|Track length||109 km (68 mi)|
|Track gauge||3 ft 6 in (1,067 mm)|
|Operating speed||0 km/h (0 mph)|
Initial public consultation was conducted in January 1999, with newsletters and displays of aerial photographs.
The line is planned to branch from the existing North Coast Line at Beerwah Station. The 2008 SEQ Infrastructure Plan proposed completion to Caloundra by 2015, and Maroochydore by 2020, but the current government's Connecting SEQ2031 Infrastructure Plan, whilst committing to the proposal, doesn't state a proposed completion date.
Part of the North Coast line (from Caboolture to Beerburrum) has been realigned and duplicated, with the section to Landsborough station (past Beerwah) proposed to enable higher capacity for the line to accommodate Maroochydore trains, to improve the reliability of existing freight and commuter services, and reduce running times. Again, no completion date is currently specified.
In July 2007 the City of Caloundra and Queensland Government commissioned a study into the realignment of the proposed corridor in Caloundra South. It is proposed the corridor be altered to run west of Golden Beach, and through the Caloundra Aerodrome site.
- "Caloundra South CAMCOS Realignment study". Queensland Government. Retrieved 19 August 2007.
- "Caboolture to Landsborough upgrade study". ARUP. Retrieved 19 August 2007.
- "Transport Planning on the Sunshine Coast, Caloundra South CAMCOS Realignment study". Queensland Government. Retrieved 19 August 2007.
- Caloundra and Maroochydore Corridor Options Study
- Queensland Transport Caloundra South CAMCOS Realignment Study
- Translink railway network map
|This article about rail transport in Queensland is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|