Marquis Industrial, Saskatoon
|Suburban Development Area||North Industrial SDA|
|• Administrative body||Saskatoon City Council|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|City of Saskatoon Neighborhoods|
Marquis Industrial is an industrial park located in the North Industrial SDA Suburban Development Area of Saskatoon, Saskatchewan. Industrial parks are usually located close to transport facilities, especially where more than one transport modalities coincide. Sk Hwy 11, and Sk Hwy 12 are all accessed directly from Marquis Industrial. The Saskatoon John G. Diefenbaker International Airport is west of the Sk Hwy 11 Sk Hwy 12 concurrency along Idylwyld Drive.
The land was annexed from the rural municipality of Corman Park between 1975 to 1984 and 1990-1994. In 2005 land was annexed for Akzo (Marquis Industrial). The Marquis Industrial subdivision is along two major trucking routes. Sk Hwy 11 to Prince Albert via Warman, and Sk Hwy 12 to Blaine Lake via Martensville mark the western boundary. Commercial and industrial enterprises along both sides of 71st Street are the northern perimeter of the industrial park.
From the 1980s until recently, the portion of Marquis Industrial east of the rail line and north of the Silverwood Heights community was demarcated as Silverwood Industrial.
The Marquis Industrial park is a mix of commercial and industrial concerns. Merlin-Ford Lincoln is a car dealership located in the Marquis Industrial area and has not relocated to the auto mall in the Stonegate subdivision. Cover-all Building Systems, Case-New Holland agricultural machinery manufacturer, Peavey Mart, Maple Leaf pork processing facility, Akzo Nobel Chemicals Ltd., Beachcomber Hot Tubs, Centennial Plumbing and Heating are a few of the Marquis Industrial businesses. The Saskatoon Correctional Centre also is located in the Marquis Industrial park. NORAC Systems International Inc. opened their 2.87-acre (11,600 m2) land, $2.5-million industrial plant in 2007.
In the Marquis Industrial subdivision are 1092 full time employees and 24 part time employees.
In the Marquis Industrial area, some lots were listed as high as
$290,000 per acre and sold at an average of $294,000 per acre – seven per cent more than asking price.
- "Populace Spring 2006". Archived from the original on 2007-12-01. Retrieved 2008-05-12.
- "Business invests ... Saskatoon wins!(SASKATOON UPDATE)(Company overview) Industry & Business Article - Research, News, Information, Contacts, Divisions, Subsidiaries, Business Associations". Retrieved 2008-05-12.
- "Final Report 2005". Retrieved 2008-05-12.[dead link]
- Kyle, Cassandra (2008). "City sees industrial land rush Average price for one acre of land ...". Saskatoon Regional Economic Development Authorigy Inc. Star Phoenix CanWest Interactive,. Retrieved 2008-05-12.[dead link]
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Marquis Industrial.|
- Neighborhood Profiles
- Saskatoon Neighborhoods Word Search Puzzle
- City of Saskatoon · Departments · Community Services · Community ...
- City of Saskatoon · Departments · Community Services · City Planning · ZAM Maps
- Populace Spring 2006
|Agriplace||South Saskatchewan River|
|Hudson Bay Industrial / Silverwood Heights|