From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Dundonald Road, Troon, South Ayrshire, Scotland KA10 7AB
|Type||Local Authority coeducational secondary|
|Authority||South Ayrshire Council|
|Houses||Darley, Fullarton, Crosby, Welbeck, Portland|
|Feeder schools||Troon Primary, Dundonald Primary, Muirhead Primary, Struthers Primary, Barassie Primary|
Marr College was funded from the money left to Troon by C. K. Marr. It opened in 1935.
Notable former pupils
See also: Category:People educated at Marr College
- Ronni Ancona, actress
- Tom Brighton, footballer
- Gordon Brown, rugby player
- Alan Hutton, footballer
- Donald Jack, writer
- Tom Morton, writer and broadcaster
- Jamie Ness, footballer
- Steve Nicol, footballer
- Michael Russell, politician 
- Brian Whittle, athlete
- Susannah York, actress
- Gilbride, Paul (12 March 2010). "Mike Russell barred by old school". Daily Express.
- "Old boy Michael Russell back at Marr College - Education". Scotsman.com. 2010-04-30. Retrieved 2012-03-05.