Mars vs. Mars
|"Mars vs. Mars"|
|Veronica Mars episode|
|Episode no.||Season 1
|Directed by||Marcos Siega|
|Teleplay by||Jed Seidel
|Story by||Rob Thomas|
|Original air date||February 15, 2005|
|List of Veronica Mars episodes|
"Mars vs. Mars" is the 14th episode of season one of the television show Veronica Mars.
When the gossip queen of the '09ers, Carrie Bishop, accuses Veronica's favorite teacher, Mr. Rooks, of having an affair with her, Veronica sets out to prove her wrong by showing that Mr. Rooks is innocent. It's not that simple, since her father has been hired to prove he's guilty.
Veronica finds out that Mr. Rooks did have an affair, not with Carrie, but her friend. She was pregnant and didn't want to press charges against him, so Carrie took matters into her own hands.
- Veronica finds a video that apparently shows Lynn falling into the river and shows it to Logan, but then gets a report that one of Lynn's credit cards has been used.
- Veronica finds out that Abel Koontz is dying.
- Veronica finds out that Duncan has type 4 epilepsy.
- "Tulips" - Bloc Party
- "Worried About You" - The Rolling Stones
- "Don't Stand So Close to Me" - The Police
Quotes and trivia
|Wikiquote has a collection of quotations related to: Veronica Mars#Mars vs. Mars|
- [Veronica works on disproving Carrie Bishop's diary's story.]
- Veronica: So? That doesn't prove anything. I could write down that I met Kid Rock every weekend at the Hedonism Lodge for sensual massage and smoothies, but that doesn't make it true.
- [Veronica sets off a blue-dye packet in a trap her father set for her.]
- Veronica: This is not funny! I need to see that diary! She's lying. I know it. I can feel it with every fiber of my being.
- Keith: Honey, you don't have to get all blue in the face.
- Veronica: Oh, you're patronizing me?
- Keith: To be fair, I am your patron.
- Weevil: If you're lookin' for my trophy, it's back by auto shop.
- Veronica: Lube job? Or... can you get a medal in stealing hubcaps?
- Weevil: Is this 1970? Rims, baby.
- Veronica: So you got a trophy for a rim job?
- Weevil: Forget it. Look, I got some information for you.
- Veronica: Finally, a Deep Throat to call my own.
- Weevil: I'm not gonna touch that one...
- As Carrie Bishop is sitting down to lunch, three girls are singing The Police song "Don't Stand So Close to Me" to her, referencing the song's lyrics about a schoolgirl who has a crush on her teacher.
- Carrie Bishop, Susan Knight and Chuck Rooks are three new characters introduced in this episode. Their last names are also the names of chess pieces, the Rook, Bishop and Knight.
- Carrie Bishop is described as the gossip queen of Neptune High. Carrie is played by Leighton Meester, who went on to play Constance Billard Prep gossip queen Blair Waldorf on Gossip Girl, another show in which Kristen Bell narrates.
- "Mars vs. Mars" at the Internet Movie Database
- "Mars vs. Mars" at TV.com
- "Mars vs. Mars" at Mars Investigations
- "Mars vs. Mars" at Television Without Pity