|Born||Marshall Walter Sylwestrzak
May 19, 1962
|Residence||Las Vegas, NV|
|Occupation||Motivational Speaker, Author, Hypnotist, Entertainer|
Marshall Sylver, born Marshall Walter Sylwestrzak, is a motivational speaker, author, and performance hypnotist who works primarily in Las Vegas, Nevada. He has billed himself as "The World's Fastest Hypnotist".
His Vegas shows have been at the Sahara Hotel, the Stratosphere, the Palms and Harrah’s. He has been on television shows including Late Night with David Letterman and The Montel Williams Show. He hosts a radio show and starred in a 2010 movie, in addition to the book he wrote called “Passion, Profit & Power.” He has had many legal issues stemming from indictment for fraud, sale and possession of counterfeit money and gambling debts.
Before becoming a stage hypnotist in 1985, he worked as a disc jockey and a professional magician.
He also had shows at the Sahara Hotel and the Stratosphere  in the mid-1990s.
He had an infomercial, Passion Profit & Power, that ran in the mid-1990s.
In the first episode of the third series of Louis Theroux's Weird Weekends, Sylver's seminars were featured, where the power of persuasion was purportedly used to motivate attendees to become self-made millionaires.
Sylver is a motivational speaker and business consultant. He was a speaker at the Learning Annex "Wealth Expo" along with Tony Robbins in 2006 as well as the First Annual Entrepreneur Success Summit in 2010. He also hosts the "Turning Point Seminar."
Books and CDs
Sylver wrote a book titled "Passion, Profit & Power," which was published by Simon & Schuster in 1997, along with audio cassettes by the same name, as part of a subconscious training system. "Passion, Profit & Power" was a bestseller from Berita Book Centre and MPH Bookstores for the week of July 19, 1997.
Radio and Movies
Indictment for Fraud
Sale and Possession of counterfeit money
In 1984, Sylver pled guilty to the sale and possession of counterfeit federal reserve notes.
- Strauss, Duncan (Sep 27, 1988). "'Fastest Hypnotist' Sylver Is on Stage Even When off". Los Angeles Times.
- Arnold, Thomas K. (Oct 22, 1986). "SAN DIEGO HYPNOTIST IS STAR OF STAGE, TV-AND OFFICE". Los Angeles Times.
- "Hypnotist Marshall Sylver". Las Vegas Review-Journal. 2007-09-14. Retrieved 2011-03-21.
- "Mistrial declared in hypnotist theft case". Las Vegas Review-Journal. 2003-12-20. Retrieved 2011-03-29.
- "Hypnotist Sylver blends show biz with sales pitch in act". Las Vegas Review-Journal. 1997-06-27. Retrieved 2011-03-24.
- "TV Highlights". The Victoria Acvocate. 1987-09-09. Retrieved 2011-03-25.
- "The Montel Williams Show". TV.com. 2007-10-16. Retrieved 2011-03-29.
- "Siskel and Ebert of infomercials pick, pan long ads". Baltimore Sun. 1994-07-10. Retrieved 2011-03-25.
- "Louis Theroux's Weird Weekends Series 3". BBC. 2010. Retrieved 2010-10-23.
- Macomber, Shawn (Dec 6, 2006). "Straight Shooter". American Spectator.
- Irons, Mike (May 13, 2010). "Forbes.com Features Chuck Mullaney". News Around the World Today.
- Glenda, Luymes (March 7, 2010). "Hypnotist Mesmerizes Crowd of Hundreds". The Vancouver Province.
- "Passion Profit & Power". Simon & Schuster. 1997.
- "Bestsellers". New Straits Times. July 19, 1997.
- "Get Rich RAdio".
- "Tranced". 2010.
- "Hypnotist indicted on nine felony theft counts". Las Vegas Review-Journal. 2003-04-15. Retrieved 2007-10-23.
- Kalil, J.M. (2003-12-08). "Hypnotist on trial, accused of bilking customers in self-help program". Las Vegas Review-Journal. Retrieved 2007-10-23.
- Grimes, William (2007-02-07). "Back on the Road, Tracking the Red, White and Odd". The New York Times.