|This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2010)|
Marshmallow Mateys is a brand of cereal produced by the MOM Brands food company located in Minneapolis, Minnesota. The company presented their first line of ready-to-eat cereals in 1965. Marshmallow Mateys includes marshmallow shapes in various colors.
Malt-O-Meal dates back to 1919 when John S. Campbell developed a hot wheat breakfast cereal he called Malt-O-Meal. The company officially adopted the name The Malt-O-Meal Company in 1953 (renamed MOM Brands in February 2012). By 1965, the company had entered the ready-to-eat non-hot breakfast sector with the introduction of Puffed Rice and Puffed Wheat cereals. While the company is best known for its line of hot cereals, it derives a large percentage of its sales from its 20-plus discount-priced bagged cold cereals - many of which are imitations of better-known national brands.
Compared to Lucky Charms
|Percentage of recommended daily intake per 30 g serving||Protein||Average price[note 1]|
|Calcium||Folic Acid||Iron||Vitamin C||g||oz||$/lb||$/kg|
|Nutritional value per 100 g (3.5 oz)|
Disregard statement at top, the above is the Nutritional value per 30 g, or one serving size
|Percentages are roughly approximated using US recommendations for adults.|
The following are per 30 g serving.
- Energy - 120 Cal (500 kJ)
- Energy from Fat - 9 Cal (38 kJ)
- Total Fat - 1.0 g % Daily Value - 2%
- Sodium - 200 mg % Daily Value - 8%
- Total Carbohydrates - 25.0g % Daily Value - 8%
- Dietary Fiber - 1.0g % Daily Value - 4%
- Sugars - 13.0g
- Protein - 2.0g
- Vitamin A - 10%
- Vitamin C - 10%
- Calcium - 10%
- Iron - 50%
- "Cereals ready-to-eat, Malt-O-Meal, Marshmallow Mateys". Calorielab.com. Retrieved December 4, 2011.
- Ewoldt, John (October 7, 2009). "Malt-O-Meal cereal for $1 a bag". Star Tribune. Retrieved December 4, 2011.