January 31, 1965 |
Buffalo, New York
|Occupation||Host of America's Newsroom
(Fox News Channel)
|Spouse(s)||Dan K. Gregory (1992 - present)
|Website||Biography on FoxNews.com|
Martha MacCallum (born on January 31, 1965) is co-anchor on the top rated "America's Newsroom with Martha MacCallum & Bill Hemmer" on Fox News Channel, 9-11 EST. She joined the network in 2004. She previously hosted The Live Desk w/Martha MacCallum with Trace Gallagher at 1:00 p.m. ET. MacCallum is also often seen in primetime as fill-in Anchor for Megyn Kelly and Greta VanSustern, and has a weekly segment with Bill O'Reilly on The O'Reilly Factor.
MacCallum is in integral part of the America's Election Headquarters Team and has covered the 2004, 2008 and 2012 presidential elections along with the 2010 mid-term elections. She also co-anchored the coverage of the funeral of Pope John Paul II. Her wide-ranging interviews with everyone from General David Petraeus, to David Axelrod and John McCain and New Jersey Governor Chris Christie, have been featured on her programs at the Fox News Channel.
Life and career
Martha MacCallum was born on January 31, 1965 in Buffalo, New York, to Douglas C. MacCallum Jr. and Elizabeth B. MacCallum. After graduating from Ramapo High School in Franklin Lakes NJ,  Martha earned her bachelor's degree in Political Science from St. Lawrence University. She also studied at the Circle in the Square Theatre School and founded the Miranda Theater Company in New York. Prior to working as a reporter, MacCallum was an associate in corporate relations at Dow Jones & Company.
Before joining Fox, MacCallum was an award-winning reporter/Anchor for NBC/CNBC. She anchored CNBC's Morning Call with Martha MacCallum and Ted David in addition to Checkpoint, an evening show which examined the business side of security and war. Prior to those shows, she frequently contributed to The News with Brian Williams, Today, NBC affiliates, and CNBC World. In addition, MacCallum also created the series, "Inside the Business," for Business Center, a former CNBC show. MacCallum is a two-time recipient of the Gracie Award for Women in Journalism.
Before CNBC, in 1996, MacCallum was an anchor & reporter for WBIS-TV, a sports and business network, in New York. Prior to that, she was at Wall Street Journal Television where she served as a business news correspondent and anchor for; Wall Street Journal Report, World Market Outlook and Business USA, from 1991 to 1996.
- Rohan, Virginia. "Professional juggler", The Record (Bergen County), November 13, 2005. "'I'm sort of half in one world, half in the other at this point of the day,' says MacCallum, a Wyckoff native who has lived in Ridgewood since her elder son was 2 weeks old.... After attending Sicomac School and Ramapo High School, MacCallum moved on to St. Lawrence University, majoring in political science."
- "WEDDINGS; Ms. MacCallum, Daniel J. Gregory". The New York Times. 1992-08-23. Retrieved 2010-09-29.
- "Ms. MacCallum Plans Wedding". The New York Times. April 19, 1992.
- Bio on FoxNews.com
- Fox News Live on FoxNews.com
- 13 November 05 Interview by Virginia Rohan
- March 2006 Have Fun Girls Commentary