January 31, 1964 |
Buffalo, New York
|Occupation||Host of America's Newsroom
(Fox News Channel)
|Spouse(s)||Daniel John Gregory (1992 - present)
|Biography on FoxNews.com age 49|
Martha Bowes MacCallum (born on January 31, 1964) is an American news anchor on the Fox News Channel. She joined the network in 2004, and is based in the New York City bureau. She previously hosted The Live Desk with Trace Gallagher at 1:00 p.m. ET. Currently, she co-hosts America's Newsroom with Bill Hemmer at 9:00 a.m. ET.
MacCallum has covered the 2004, 2008 and 2012 presidential elections along with the 2010 mid-term elections. She also co-anchored the coverage of the funeral of Pope John Paul II. Her wide-ranging interviews with everyone from General David Petraeus, to David Axelrod and John McCain and New Jersey Governor Chris Christie, have been featured on her programs at the Fox News Channel.
Life and Career
Martha Bowes MacCallum was born on January 31, 1964 in Buffalo, New York, to Douglas C. MacCallum Jr. and Elizabeth B. MacCallum. After graduating from Ramapo High School in Franklin Lakes NJ,  Martha earned her bachelor's degree in Political Science from St. Lawrence University. She also studied at the Circle in the Square Theater School and founded the Miranda Theater Company in New York. Prior to working as a reporter, MacCallum was an associate in corporate relations at Dow Jones & Company.
MacCallum began her career as a reporter for Corporate Finance magazine. Before her television career with Fox, she was an anchor/reporter on CNBC's Morning Call with Martha MacCallum and Ted David in addition to Checkpoint, an evening show which examined the business side of security and war. Prior to those shows, she frequently contributed to The News with Brian Williams, Today, NBC affiliates, and CNBC World. In addition, MacCallum also created the series, "Inside the Business," for Business Center, a former CNBC show.
Before CNBC, in 1996, MacCallum was an anchor & reporter for WBIS-TV, a sports and business network, in New York. Prior to that, she was at Wall Street Journal Television where she served as a business news correspondent and anchor for; Wall Street Journal Report, World Market Outlook and Business USA, from 1991 to 1996. She was an associate in the corporate relations department at Dow Jones in New York.
MacCallum married Daniel John Gregory in a Roman Catholic ceremony at St. Elizabeth's Church in Upper Montclair, New Jersey on August 22, 1992. They have two sons and one daughter, and live in Ridgewood, New Jersey.
- Rohan, Virginia. "Professional juggler", The Record (Bergen County), November 13, 2005. "'I'm sort of half in one world, half in the other at this point of the day,' says MacCallum, a Wyckoff native who has lived in Ridgewood since her elder son was 2 weeks old.... After attending Sicomac School and Ramapo High School, MacCallum moved on to St. Lawrence University, majoring in political science."
- "WEDDINGS; Ms. MacCallum, Daniel J. Gregory". The New York Times. 1992-08-23. Retrieved 2010-09-29.
- "Ms. MacCallum Plans Wedding". The New York Times. April 19, 1992.
- Bio on FoxNews.com
- Fox News Live on FoxNews.com
- 13 November 05 Interview by Virginia Rohan
- March 2006 Have Fun Girls Commentary