Martha Wainwright discography
Martha Wainwright singing at the 2008 Cambridge Folk Festival
The discography of Martha Wainwright, a Canadian-American singer-songwriter, consists of three studio albums, one live album, four extended plays (EPs), five singles, and two music videos. Wainwright's self-titled debut album was released through Zoë Records and Drowned in Sound in April 2005. Although her success was limited, Wainwright reached #43 on Billboard's Top Heatseekers chart. Wainwright's second album, I Know You're Married But I've Got Feelings Too, was released through the same labels in June 2008, resulting in the #10 position on the Top Heatseekers chart and #6 in Canada, among other chart positions throughout Europe and Australia. Sans Fusils, Ni Souliers, à Paris: Martha Wainwright's Piaf Record, a tribute to legendary French singer Édith Piaf, was released in November 2009.
Wainwright's first release was an album-length independent cassette of ten tracks, Ground Floor, in 1997. This was followed in 1999 by her first EP, released under Querbes Service in 1999; two of its songs would later appear on her debut album (2005). Wainwright released two EPs in 2005—Bloody Mother Fucking Asshole and I Will Internalize—both of which contained some tracks that also appeared on her self-titled studio album. The EP iTunes Live from Montreal was released digitally in December 2008 in Canada, and contained six live tracks from her second album, I Know You're Married But I've Got Feelings Too.
Wainwright's singles include "Factory", "When the Day Is Short", "Far Away", "Set the Fire to the Third Bar" (Snow Patrol featuring Wainwright), and "Bleeding All Over You". She has contributed songs to various soundtracks and compilation albums, including Tommy Tricker and the Stamp Traveller (1988), The Aviator (2004), Leonard Cohen: I'm Your Man (2005), and Song of America (2007). Wainwright has contributed backing vocals to all of her brother's (Rufus Wainwright) albums, and was a featured performer on his 2007 tribute album, Rufus Does Judy at Carnegie Hall.
|Year||Album details||Peak chart positions|
|2008||I Know You're Married But I've Got Feelings Too
|2012||Come Home to Mama
|"—" denotes releases that did not chart.|
|Year||Album details||Peak chart positions|
|2009||Sans Fusils, Ni Souliers, à Paris: Martha Wainwright's Piaf Record
|2005||Bloody Mother Fucking Asshole
|2005||I Will Internalize
|2008||iTunes Live from Montreal
|"When the Day Is Short"|
|2008||"Bleeding All Over You"||I Know You're Married But I've Got Feelings Too|
As featured performer
|2006||"Set the Fire to the Third Bar"||Eyes Open|
|2005||"When the Day Is Short"||Martha Wainwright||Sara Mishara|
|2008||"You Cheated Me"||I Know You're Married But I've Got Feelings Too|||
|2004||Tommy Tricker and the Stamp Traveller||"Tommy Come Back"|
|2004||The Aviator||"I'll Be Seeing You"||Sony|||
|2013||Trauma (Season 4)||all songs|||
|2000||Simply Mad... About the Loser's Lounge||"The Name of the Game"||Zilcho|||
|2007||Song of America||"I Am Woman"||31 Tigers|
|2009||Great Canadian Song Quest||"Four Black Sheep in the Night"||CBC Records|||
|2013||Sing Me the Songs: Celebrating the Works of Kate McGarrigle||"Kiss and Say Goodbye"||Nonesuch|
|Tell My Sister|
|Heart Like a Wheel|
|I Am a Diamond|
|All the Way to San Francisco|
|Love Over and Over|
|1983||Kate and Anna McGarrigle||Love Over and Over||Vocals|||
|1991||various artists||Songs of the Civil War||Vocals|
|1995||Loudon Wainwright III||Grown Man||"Father/Daughter Dialogue"||Vocals|
|1996||Kate and Anna McGarrigle||Matapédia||Vocals|
|1998||Rufus Wainwright||Rufus Wainwright||"April Fools", "In My Arms", "Sally Ann"||Backing vocals|||
|Kate and Anna McGarrigle||The McGarrigle Hour||Guitar, vocals|||
|1999||Dan Bern||Smartie Mine||"Baby Love"||Composer|||
|2000||Red Hot Organization||Red Hot + Indigo||"Star Crossed Lovers"||Vocals (with Propellerheads)|||
|2001||Jet Set Satellite||Blueprint||Vocals|||
|Rufus Wainwright||Poses||"Poses", "California", "Rebel Prince", "One Man Guy", "Evil Angel"||Backing vocals|
|2002||Linda Thompson||Fashionably Late||Backing vocals|
|Gordon Gano||Hitting the Ground||"It's Money"||Vocals|
|2003||various artists||Maybe This Christmas Too?||"Spotlight on Christmas"||Backing vocals, bells|
|Geoff Muldaur||Private Astronomy: A Vision of the Music of Bix Beiderbecke||Vocals, group member|
|Loudon Wainwright III||So Damn Happy||Vocals|
|Kate and Anna McGarrigle||La vache qui pleure||Vocals, Spanish guitar|
|Rufus Wainwright||Want One||Backing vocals|
|2004||Rosalie Sorrels||My Last Go Round||Backing vocals|
|Rufus Wainwright||Want Two||"The One You Love", "Peach Trees", "Hometown Waltz", "Gay Messiah", "Old Whore's Diet"||Violin, backing vocals|
|2005||Kate and Anna McGarrigle||The McGarrigle Christmas Hour||Guitar, percussion, vocals, choir, chorus, bells, harmony vocals|
|various artists||Peter Buck Presents: The REM Collection, Vol. 3|
|2006||Snow Patrol||Eyes Open||"Set the Fire to the Third Bar"||Vocals|
|Jim Campilongo||Heaven Is Creepy||"Beautiful Dreamer"||Vocals|||
|Teddy Thompson||Separate Ways||Backing vocals|||
|2007||Jon Regen||Let It Go||Backing vocals|
|Rufus Wainwright||Release the Stars||"Do I Disappoint You", "Slideshow"||Backing vocals|
|Rufus Wainwright||Rufus Does Judy at Carnegie Hall||"Stormy Weather"||Lead vocals|
|Linda Thompson||Versatile Heart||Harmony vocals|
|2008||various artists||Groupes de Pamplemousse||"Il pleure dans mon cœur"||Vocals (with Kate McGarrigle)|||
|The Heavy Circles||The Heavy Circles||"Easier"||Vocals|||
|2009||Loudon Wainwright III||High Wide & Handsome: The Charlie Poole Project||"Only Old and in the Way"||Backing vocals|
- "Martha Wainwright Discography". Allmusic. Retrieved October 9, 2009.
- "Martha Wainwright Music News & Info". Billboard. Nielsen Business Media, Inc. Retrieved October 9, 2009.
- "Martha Wainwright - Martha Wainwright". Billboard. Nielsen Business Media, Inc. Retrieved October 9, 2009.
- ""Martha Wainwright discography and lyrics"". Alwaysontherun.net. Retrieved 11 September 2011.
- "Martha Wainwright - Credits". Allmusic. Retrieved October 9, 2009.
- "Martha Wainwright - Charts and Awards". Allmusic. Retrieved October 9, 2009.
- "Australian Charting". Australian-Charts.com. Retrieved October 9, 2009.
- "Belgium Charting" (in Dutch). UltraTop.be. Retrieved October 9, 2009.
- "Danish Charting". DanishCharts.com. Retrieved October 9, 2009.
- "Dutch Charting" (in Dutch). DutchCharts.nl. Retrieved October 9, 2009.
- "Norwegian Charting". NorwegianCharts.com. Retrieved October 9, 2009.
- "Swedish Charting". SwedishCharts.com. Retrieved October 9, 2009.
- "Chart Stats - Martha Wainwright". ChartStats.com. Archived from the original on January 19, 2013. Retrieved October 9, 2009.
- "Bloody Mother Fucking Asshole (EP)". Retrieved October 9, 2009.
- "I Will Internalize". Allmusic. Retrieved October 9, 2009.
- "Martha Wainwright : Video : "When the Day is Short"". marthawainwright.com. Retrieved October 11, 2009.[dead link]
- "Martha Wainwright : Video : "You Cheated Me"". marthawainwright.com. Retrieved October 11, 2009.[dead link]
- "The Aviator (Original Soundtrack)". Allmusic. Retrieved October 9, 2009.
- "Au tour de Martha Wainwright". canoe.ca, February 26, 2013.
- "Great Canadian Song Quest final songs debut on CBC Radio 2 Drive, today, at 3:30 P.M. (4 NT)". CNW Group. November 24, 2009. Retrieved December 1, 2009.
- Rufus Wainwright (CD insert). Rufus Wainwright. DreamWorks. 1998.
- "Baby Love". Allmusic. Retrieved October 13, 2009.
- "Red Hot + Indigo". Red Hot Organization. Retrieved October 13, 2009.[dead link]
- "Jim Campilongo Electric Trio: Heaven Is Creepy" (PDF). jimcampilongo.com. Retrieved October 13, 2009.
- "Groupes de Pamplemousse" (in French). Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. February 4, 2008. Retrieved October 9, 2009.