Martin's Potato Chips
Martin's Potato Chips is a manufacturer of potato chips, popcorn, and other salted snack foods. Martin's headquarters is located in south-central Pennsylvania, at 5847 Lincoln Highway West in Thomasville; the company distributes to retailers in Pennsylvania and Maryland. It was founded by Harry and Fairy Martin in 1941. Ken Potter Jr. is president and Chief Executive Officer.
Martin's potato chips have been served on Air Force One  during the terms of presidents Bill Clinton and George W. Bush. The company sponsors the York Revolution professional baseball team of the Atlantic League of Professional Baseball. Martin's recycles its waste byproducts, using potato peels and refuse from the potato cleaning process for cattle feed and fertilizer. The company's plant offers factory tours.
- Michael Chapaloney Pennsylvania Offers an Oasis for Those Attending Presidential Inauguration December 31, 2008 PRNewswire-USNewswire http://news.prnewswire.com/DisplayReleaseContent.aspx?ACCT=104&STORY=/www/story/12-31-2008/0004948034&EDATE=
- "Martin's Potato Chips, the bipartisan snack aboard Air Force One" York County Visitors Bureau http://www.yorkpa.org/index.asp?act=page&pag_id=73&nws_id=53
- "The Official Potato Chip of the York Revolution" York Revolution web site http://www.yorkrevolution.com/partnershipslist.cfm?type=official
- "an example of a food plant that was "green before green was cool" Revisiting Your Waste Decisions,Karen Langhauser, Editor-in-Chief foodmanucaturing.com http://www.foodmanufacturing.com/scripts/Products-Revisiting-Your-Waste-Decisions.asp
- "Over at the Martin's factory, this 60-year-old, family-run operation allows visitors an up-close-and-personal look at the "kettle-cooked" preparation that produces 1.5 million bags of potato and Bar-B-Q waffle chips per month." Marie Gullard, Gas tank away: Snack-packing it on Pa. factory tours January 4, 2009 Baltimore Examiner http://www.baltimoreexaminer.com/entertainment/010409emstYork.html
|This United States corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|