|Born||March 26, 1978|
|Best position||11th (2010)|
|Aircraft||Zivko Edge 540|
Martin Šonka (born on March 26, 1978 in Dvůr Králové nad Labem) is a Czech aerobatics (unlimited) and a fighter pilot in the Czech Air Force. He is the beginner from the year 2010 in Red Bull Air Race.
Martin Šonka began his aviation career in 1997. In this year he flew a glider for the first time and started his studies at University of Defence in Brno as a pilot. In 1999 he gained his Private Pilot Licence. Between 2001 and 2005 he attended Jan Perner Transport Faculty at University of Pardubice (Department of Transport Management, Marketing and Logistics). He finished his studies with a master’s degree in 2005.
The Czech Air Force
His military career started in 2000 in Pardubice. Two years after he moved to the air base in Náměšť nad Oslavou and in 2006 to 21st Tactical Air Force Base at Čáslav where he began flying L-159 Alca.
In 2005 he became a member of the Czech national aerobatic team. He flies Su-31.
Red Bull Air Race
In 2009 Šonka passed all Red Bull Air Race qualifying camps and gained The Red Bull Air Race Super Licence. Then he was nominated for a 2010 season rookie.
| Martin Šonka
at the Red Bull Air Race World Championship
Legend: * CAN: Cancelled * DNP: Did not take part * DNS: Did not start * DSQ: Disqualified
- World Championship, Unlimited - Free Style, Powered, 9th place
- Slovenian Nationals, Unlimited, Powered, 1st place
- World Air Games, Unlimited, Powered, 5th place
- World Aerobatic Cup, Unlimited, Powered, 3rd place 
- European Championship, Unlimited, Powered, 17th place
- National Championship, Unlimited, Powered, 1st place
- World Championship, Unlimited, Powered, 29th place.
- National Championship, Unlimited, Powered, 2nd place
- European Championship, Unlimited, Powered, 14th place
- National Championship, Unlimited, Powered, 3rd place
- European Championship, Advanced, Powered, 14th place
- National Championship, Advanced, Powered, 4th place
- National Championship, Sportsman, Powered, 1st place
- National Championship, Intermediate, Gliders, 1st place
- National Championship, Sportsman, Gliders, 1st place
- National Championship, Sportsman, Gliders, 3rd place
- Daily Results - Saturday August 29, 2009" World Aerobatic Championship. Retrieved 11 February 2010.
- 24th FAI World Aerobatic Championships 24/06/2007 - 04/07/2007 Overall Results. Fédération Aéronautique Internationale. Retrieved 11 February 2010.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Martin Šonka.|