Martin Belinga Eboutou
Martin Belinga Eboutou (born 17 February 1940) is a Cameroonian political figure and diplomat who has been the Director of the Civil Cabinet of the Presidency of the Republic since 2009. He previously held the same post from 1996 to 1997 and was Cameroon's Permanent Representative to the United Nations from March 1998 to December 2007.
Belinga Eboutou was Director of State Protocol and then Chief of State Protocol at the Presidency from 1989 to 1997, as well as Director of the Civil Cabinet of the Presidency from 19 September 1996 to 8 December 1997. He was then appointed as Permanent Representative to the UN, presenting his credentials on 13 March 1998. On 29 January 2001, he was elected as that year's President of the United Nations Economic and Social Council. He was the President of the United Nations Security Council in October 2002. On 6 June 2003, he was elected as Chairperson of the Third Committee of the General Assembly (the Social, Humanitarian, and Cultural Committee). While serving as Permanent Representative to the UN, Belinga Eboutou was also Permanent Representative of Cameroon to the Permanent Mission of the UN in Geneva, as well as Cameroon's Ambassador to Jamaica.
Michel Tommo Monthé was appointed by President Paul Biya to replace Belinga Eboutou as Permanent Representative to the UN on 19 December 2007, while Anatole Marie Nkou was appointed to replace Belinga Eboutou in Geneva. Belinga Eboutou was instead appointed by Biya as Special Adviser to the President of the Republic on 22 December 2007. Biya sent Belinga Eboutou to Senegal from 8 June to 14 June 2009 to discuss the repatriation of the remains of Cameroonian President Ahmadou Ahidjo, who died in exile in Senegal in 1989. He and Ahidjo's family reached an agreement regarding repatriation of the remains. Shortly afterward, Biya appointed him to his former post as Director of the Civil Cabinet of the Presidency on 30 June 2009.
- "NEW PERMANENT REPRESENTATIVE OF CAMEROON PRESENTS CREDENTIALS", United Nations Press Release BIO/3146, UN.org, 13 March 1998.
- Monda Bakoa, "Retour: Belinga Eboutou, Conseiller spécial du président de la République", Cameroon Tribune (Cameroon-info.net), 26 December 2007 (French).
- "Diplomatie: Martin Belinga Eboutou débarqué de l’ONU", Mutations (Cameroon-info.net), 21 December 2007 (French).
- "ECONOMIC AND SOCIAL COUNCIL ELECTS NEW PRESIDENT, HEARS CALL FOR IMPLEMENTATION OF MILLENNIUM DECLARATION", ECOSOC/5937, UN.org, 29 January 2001.
- "Presidents of the Security Council : 2000-", UN.org.
- "MARTIN BELINGA-EBOUTOU OF CAMEROON, CHAIRMAN OF THIRD COMMITTEE", United Nations Press Release BIO/3530* GA/SHC/3735, 16 September 2003.
- "Cameroun : Ahidjo rentrera au pays en 2010", GabonEco, 29 June 2009 (French).
- Jean-Bruno Tagne, "Breaking News: Paul Biya modifie son Gouvernement !", Cameroon-info.net, 30 June 2009 (French).