Martin King (weather presenter)
7 January 1963
Edenmore, County Dublin, Ireland
|Other names||Martin Boyle (real name)|
|Employer||TV3, Today FM|
|Known for||His unique style of weather presentation|
Martin Boyle (born 7 April 1963), known professionally as Martin King, due to his descent from Brian Boru, is the weather anchor with TV3 in Ireland. He is one of TV's most recognisable weather forecasters. He is also a co-presenter of The Morning Show with Sybil & Martin on TV3 and has his own radio show on Today FM.
Since TV3 launched in 1998, King's personality driven style of weather forecasting has won King many awards and he is one of the main features of TV3's news presentation.
He appeared on The Podge and Rodge Show in March 2006.
King has been involved in radio since he was fifteen working with some of the more successful pirate radio stations including Big D and Sunshine 101. He spent nine years working at 98FM as one of their main on-air personalities before moving to TV3. Returning to the airwaves in 2002 King had his own Saturday morning show on Today FM called Roll Over with Martin King.
There are a number of charities that King supports. The ISPCC, The Meningitis Foundation, The Baby Max Wings Of Love Fund, The Marie Keating Foundation are just a few of the other causes that King is happy to give his time to.
King lives in Rathfarnham in South Co.Dublin with photographer Jenny McCarthy and their children Matthew, and Alex. Jenny has a son from her previous marriage, Dean 23 and King has two children from a previous relationship, Victoria 22 & James 19. They met when King was an 98FM presenter and McCarthy was one of the "Thunder Girls". Jenny was struck down with a brain tumour in 2010. King and McCarthy got engaged on Christmas Eve, 2010. They married in Killashee House Hotel in Naas, County Kildare, on 7 November 2011 and honeymooned in the Canaries. The Sam Maguire Cup was guest of honour at the wedding.
- Martin King (VI) - Biography
- Sweeney, Ken (8 November 2011). "Sun smiles on wedding day of TV3’s weatherman Martin King". Irish Independent. Retrieved 8 November 2011.
- Smith, Andrea (28 March 2010). "A snapshot of life with Martin King". Sunday Independent. Retrieved 28 March 2010.
- "Aww. We're Forecasting Luurve..". ShowBiz Ireland. 7 November 2011. Retrieved 7 November 2011.
- "Sam Maguire appearance at TV3 Martin's wedding". Evening Herald. 10 November 2011. Retrieved 10 November 2011.