Martin Kusch is Professor of philosophy at the University of Vienna. Until 2009, Kusch was Professor of Philosophy and Sociology of science at the Department of History and Philosophy of Science at Cambridge University. Prior to Cambridge, Kusch was Lecturer in the Science Studies Unit of the University of Edinburgh.
Kusch's wide-ranging contributions to philosophy reflect both systematic and historical interests and cut across traditional disciplinary divides. He has published in the philosophy of the social sciences, epistemology, philosophy of language and mind, philosophy of the natural sciences, philosophy of technology, and the history of German and Austrian philosophy.
In addition, Kusch has written on the history of science with a special reference to the history of German psychology.
In 2005, he delivered the Leibniz Lectures at Leibniz University Hannover.
- Einzelheit und Allgemeinheit: Einführung in die Philosophie G.W.F. Hegels, Reports from the Philosophy Department of the University of Jyväskylä (1984)
- Ymmärtämisen haaste (=The Challenge of Understanding: An Introduction to Hermeneutics, in Finnish), Pohjoinen (1986)
- co-authored with Jaakko Hintikka), Kieli ja maailma (=Language and World, In Finnish), Pohjoinen (1988)
- Language as Calculus vs. Language as Universal Medium: A Study in Husserl, Heidegger, and Gadamer, Kluwer (1989)
- Foucault's Strata and Fields: A Study in Archaeological and Genealogical Science Studies, Kluwer (1991)
- Psychologism: A Case Study in the Sociology of Philosophical Knowledge, Routledge (1995)
- co-authored with Harry M. Collins, The Shape of Actions: What Humans and Machines Can Do, MIT Press (1998)
- Psychological Knowledge: A Social History and Philosophy, Routledge (1999)
- (ed.), The Sociology of Philosophical Knowledge, Dordrecht: Kluwer (2000)
- Knowledge by Agreement: The Programme of Communitarian Epistemology, Oxford University Press (2002)
- A Sceptical Guide to Meaning and Rules: Defending Kripke's Wittgenstein, Acumen & McGill-Queen's (2006)
- CV at the University of Vienna
- Kusch's faculty page
- "Psychologism" in the Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy
|This biography of a German philosopher is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biography of a British philosopher is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|