|Date of birth||28 September 1980|
|Place of birth||Rutherglen, Scotland|
|Height||6 ft 0 in (1.83 m)|
|Playing position||Central defender|
|Current club||Lowestoft Town|
|2007-2009||Soham Town Rangers|
|2010-||King's Lynn Town|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only.
† Appearances (Goals).
Martin McNeil (born 28 September 1980 in Rutherglen) is a Scottish former professional footballer. He played in the football league for Cambridge United and Torquay United. He currently plays for Lowestoft Town.
McNeil began his career as a trainee with Cambridge United, turning professional in August 1998. He made his league debut for Roy McFarland's side on 24 October 1998, playing in a goalless draw at home to Shrewsbury Town. He played in the same team as Alex Russell as Cambridge won promotion, but fell out of favour during the 2000-01 season and was allowed to join McFarland's new side, Torquay United on trial, playing in the 2-0 away win over Newton Abbot on 25 July 2001. He joined Torquay on loan on 9 August 2001, which enabled him to be registered in time to play in the opening game of the season, a 1-0 defeat away to newly relegated Bristol Rovers, later signing a two year contract. He played the early part of the season with an injury to his pubis bone, similar to that which had kept teammate Chris Brandon out the previous season, eventually succumbing to the need to rest it.
On 4 January 2002, McNeil was sacked by Torquay having been seen drinking alcohol in public houses in Torquay on New Year's Eve. Teammate Christian Hansen, whose loan was terminated at the same time, admitted that he and McNeil had been drinking and had returned to Hansen's hotel at 2.30 am, just over 12 hours before the start of a league game.
In early February 2002, McNeil signed for King's Lynn. He agreed to join Cambridge City on non-contract terms in August 2002, although only days later the offer was withdrawn by City manager Dave Batch.
- Torquay Herald Express 4 January 2002
- "Two new boys for Lynn". NonLeagueDaily. 2002-02-05. Retrieved 2009-03-11.
- "McNeil agrees to join City". NonLeagueDaily. 2002-08-15. Retrieved 2009-03-11.
- "Batch decides against signing McNeil after all". NonLeagueDaily. 2002-08-17. Retrieved 2009-03-11.
- "Cunningham adds two". NonLeagueDaily. 2003-07-07. Retrieved 2009-03-11.
- "McNeil moves across the Fens". NonLeagueDaily. 2006-01-07. Retrieved 2009-03-11.
- "Programme: Haverhill Rovers v Soham Town Rangers". 2007-09-11. Retrieved 2009-03-11.
- "Rangers look to be gelling well". NonLeagueDaily. 2007-07-31. Retrieved 2009-03-11.
- "Fenmen miss out on McNeil but could get Jimson". NonLeagueDaily. 2009-01-08. Retrieved 2009-03-11.