He has appeared as soloist with the London Mozart Players, Britten Sinfonia, Ambache Chamber Orchestra and New London Orchestra. He is an advocate of British contemporary music, giving first performances of pieces by Sir Peter Maxwell Davies, York Bowen (first European performance of his Viola Concerto), Adam Gorb, David Gow and Britten (first concert performance of Britten's "Portrait No.2"). He has performed in major concert halls in the UK and in Argentina, Brazil and Uruguay. Mr Outram has recorded for Naxos and plays on a Henricus Catenar viola made in Turin in 1680.
- "Martin Outram viola". Maggini Quartet. Retrieved 23 August 2009.
- "Fitzwilliam College Music Homepage". Fitzwilliam College. 2010. Retrieved 2010-09-01.
- "Martin Outram". classicsonline.com. Retrieved 23 August 2009.
- "Strings staff". Royal Academy of Music. Retrieved 23 August 2009.
- "Benslow Music Trust". Benslow Music Trust. Retrieved 23 August 2009.