Martin Roberts (presenter)
|Born||Martin Leyland Roberts
20 July 1963
Warrington, Lancashire, England
|Occupation||Television presenter, property expert, investor, entrepreneur and author|
Homes Under the Hammer
Martin Leyland Roberts (born 20 July 1963) is an English television presenter, property expert, investor, entrepreneur and author who currently presents the BBC One property auction series, Homes Under the Hammer with co-presenter Lucy Alexander.
Early life and career
Since then, he has presented several other programmes including Put Your Money Where Your Mouth Is and How to Survive the Property Crisis, both for the BBC as well as ITV's travel programme Wish You Were Here...?.
He studied Electronic Engineering at Bradford University 1982–86 and was a DJ on Ramair, the university's radio station. He was instrumental in the flooding of some Halls of Residence during this period.
In September 2012, Roberts publicly criticised proposed government changes to the planning laws of England that would double the size of extensions that do not need approval. He branded the move crazy and said it would "wipe away generations of sensible and sound planning law overnight".
In August 2014, Roberts became the voice of Foxy Bingo, appearing on numerous adverts and interstitials.
- Warrington was in Lancashire until April 1974 - please do not change to Cheshire
- Profile. "Martin Roberts","People Matter", Retrieved on 7 September 2012
- BBC. "Homes and Gardens"
- Teach Yourself Making Money from Property. "Amazon.co.uk", Retrieved 7 September 2012
- Property Roadshows. "Making Money From Property". Retrieved on 7 September 2012
- Roberts, Martin. "Relaxing Planning Laws will Damage British Housing", "Huffington Post", 7 September 2012. Retrieved on 7 September 2012
- Roberts, Martin. "Forget Homes under the Hammer, our countryside and architectural heritage are under attack", "Mail Online", 7 September 2012. Retrieved on 7 September 2012
- Roberts, Martin. "BBC Homes under the Hammer star talks about the Warrington property market", "Warrington Guardian", 20 July 2012. Retrieved on 7 September 2012
- Roberts, Martin. "Interview with Homes Under The Hammer Star Martin Roberts ", "The Bath Chronicle", 3 August 2013. Retrieved on 28 October 2013