Schneider in 2009
May 25, 1964
Bad Homburg vor der Höhe
|Occupation||Comedian, cabaret artist, actor|
Today he lives in Marburg. At first he did an internship at the Hessischer Rundfunk. That's where he tried himself in cabaret. 1990 he got his first stage job. His first programme was "Gell, Sie sind spirituell?" (You're spiritual, aren't you?). Since 1992 he appeared in Quatsch Comedy Club, which was still a theater in Hamburg at that time. Later he appeared in several TV shows like RTL Samstag Nacht and had guest appearances in 7 Tage, 7 Köpfe (7 days, 7 heads) and Genial daneben (Ingeniously Off The Mark). He was cast member of Comedy Factory (1996/97) on ProSieben. Since 2004 Martin Schneider is best friends with Cordula Stratmann in Sat.1's improvisational comedy show Schillerstraße. Additionally he played the dwarf "Speedy" in the October 2004 big screen movie 7 Zwerge - Männer allein im Wald (7 Dwarves - Men Alone In The Woods) by Otto Waalkes alongside Otto Waalkes, Markus Majowski, Boris Aljinovic, Heinz Hoenig, Ralf Schmitz and Mirco Nontschew. The sequel "7 Zwerge - Der Wald ist nicht genug (7 Dwarves - The Woods Are Not Enough)" was released in October 2006.
He is best known for his Hessian dialect. "Aschebeschär" ("Aschenbecher" in Standard German, ashtray in English) has become a dictum by Schneider. His characteristics are his especially distinctive face and his big mouth.
Martin Schneider released several compact discs ("Aschebeschär" (Ashtray), Sischär Is Sischär! ("Sicher ist sicher!" = What's sure, that's sure), "Raggae Mann", "Best Of Maddin") as well as the book "Im Bett mit Maddin" (In Bed with Maddin).
Martin has got a twin sister called Martina.
- 1999 "Alles Bob" - Everything Bob
- 2000 "Flashback - Mörderische Ferien" - Flashback - Murderous Holidays
- 2001 "Ausziehn!" - Undress!
- 2003 "Sperling und der Mann im Abseits" - Sperlig And The Kept Aloof (TV)
- 2004 "Germanikus" - Germanicus
- 2004 "7 Zwerge - Männer allein im Wald" - 7 Dwarves - Men Alone In The Woods
- 2004 "Crazy Race 2 - Warum die Mauer wirklich fiel" - Crazy Race 2 - Why The Wall Fell Really (TV)
- 2006 "7 Zwerge - Der Wald ist nicht genug" - 7 Dwarves - The Forest Is Not Enough
- 2006 - Zeck Cabaret Award - Homepage award Net-Zeck
- Martin Schneider, Heidrun Buchmaier: "Im Bett mit Maddin (In Bed with Maddin)", Kurschus & Zanolli 2003, ISBN 3-86507-042-6
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Martin Schneider.|
- Martin Schneider in the German National Library catalogue
- Martin Schneider at the Internet Movie Database
- Martin Schneider's official page