Martin Stone (guitarist)
Stone has played in many groups, including Junior's Blues Band, Stone's Masonry, Almost Presley, The Action, Savoy Brown Blues Band, Mighty Baby, Chilli Willi and the Red Hot Peppers, Southern Comfort, The Pink Fairies, and the The 101'ers.
Subsequent to his musical career Stone has achieved international notoriety as a bookscout. He is a major player in John Baxter's memoir A Pound of Paper: Confessions of a Book Addict. He is the subject of a limited edition book Martin Stone, Bookscout by the California rare bookseller Peter Howard of Serendipity Books. He appeared in the television documentary Without Walls: The Cardinal And The Corpse (Iain Sinclair / Chris Petit 1992). He is also known to be the basis for the character Nicholas Lane in Sinclair's novel White Chappell, Scarlett Tracings (1987).
- Baxter, John (2005). A Pound of Paper Confessions of a Book Addict. London: St. Martin's Griffin/Thomas Dunne Books. ISBN 978-0-312-31726-3.
- "Martin Stone, Bookscout : twenty-two photographs by Steven J. Gelberg with an essay by Peter B. Howard.". SU LAIR. Stanford University. Retrieved 2009-11-21.
- "WITHOUT WALLS: The CARDINAL AND THE CORPSE". Film & TV Database. British Film Institute. Retrieved 2009-11-21.
- "Cunningham, David White Chappell, Scarlet Tracings". The Literary Encyclopedia. 21 March 2002. Retrieved 21 November 2009.
- Mighty Baby 1995 Martin Stone interview (Ptolemaic Terrascope 1995)
- The Legend of Martin Stone, Bookscout extraordinaire.(Bookride 2007)
- French Bibliomaniacs on YouTube CBS TV Sunday Morning segment includes Stone (2009)
|This article on a UK guitarist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|