Martin Walker (reporter)
|Occupation||Reporter and novelist|
|Genre||Non-fiction (history), crime fiction|
Martin Walker is the Senior Director of the Global Business Policy Council (GBPC) at the management consulting firm A.T. Kearney and author of the popular 'Bruno' detective series set in the Périgord region of France. He has been a part of the GBPC since 1997 and was appointed as the Senior Director on 25 January 2007.
Before joining UPI in 2000 he spent 25 years at The Guardian newspaper working in a variety of positions including bureau chief in Moscow and the United States, European editor and assistant editor.
He also holds a variety of other positions including being a senior scholar at the Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars in Washington, D.C.; a senior fellow of the World Policy Institute at the New School for Social Research in New York; and the Board of Directors of the Global Panel Foundation (Berlin, Copenhagen, Prague, Sydney and Toronto). He is also a contributing editor of the Los Angeles Times's Opinion section and of Europe magazine. Walker also is a regular commentator on CNN, Inside Washington, and NPR.
Walker has written several books including Waking Giant: Gorbachev and Perestroika, The Cold War: A History, Clinton: The President They Deserve and America Reborn.
He is also the author of the 'Bruno' detective series set in the Périgord region of France, where Walker has a holiday home. It is based on an unconventional village policeman, Benoit 'Bruno' Courreges, a gourmet cook and former soldier who was wounded on a peacekeeping mission in the Balkans, who never carries his official gun and has "long since lost the key to his handcuffs."
- Bruno, Chief of Police. Quercus, London 2008, ISBN 978-1-84724-507-6
- The Dark Vineyard. Quercus, London 2009, ISBN 978-1-84724-915-9
- Black Diamond. Quercus, London 2010, ISBN 978-0-85738-053-1
- The Crowded Grave. Quercus, London 2011, ISBN 9781849163217
- The Devil's Cave. Quercus, London 2012, ISBN 978-1-78087-068-7
- Bruno and the Carol Singers (Bruno and le Père Noël), e-book, a short story. Recorded Books, Prince Frederick, MD, 2012, ISBN 9781470363086
- The Resistance Man. Quercus, London 2013, ISBN 978-1780870724
- "Martin Walker Appointed Head of A.T. Kearney's Global Business Policy Council". A.T. Kearney. 2007-01-25. Retrieved 2011-09-16.
- "Martin Walker". Random House, Inc. Retrieved 2008-10-05.
- "Biography of Martin Walker". The Globalist. Retrieved 2008-10-05.