Martin del Rosario
|Martin del Rosario|
|Born||Martin Miguel Mangay del Rosario
November 25, 1992
|Education||University of the Philippines Diliman|
|Agent||Star Magic (2007–2013)
ALV Talent Circuit (2013–present)
Martin Miguel Mangay del Rosario (born November 25, 1992), also known by his screen name Martin del Rosario, is a Filipino actor. He is known for his portrayal of Norberto Matias in the series Minsan Lang Kita Iibigin as well as Severino 'Sev' Monzon in the adapted series Pintada.
Martin del Rosario met Jun Reyes, his manager, on his way to Lourdes School of Quezon City—--his highschool alma mater--—in the summer of 2007. Reyes, who was in the area at that time to buy lechon for Gerald Anderson's birthday, came to him and asked if he wanted to be an actor. He replied 'No' but Reyes left him a calling card and asked for his phone number. He gave Jun Reyes his mom's phone number. He then went to ABS-CBN for acting workshops. After this, he was launched as one of the new talents launched of Star Magic on its 15th anniversary last May 2007.
Del Rosario, is currently taking up BA Broadcast Communication at the University of the Philippines Diliman.
His first television role was playing Ray Avellino in Star Magic Presents: Abt Ur Luv. He also played the younger brother of Roxanne Guinoo in Sineserye Presents: Natutulog Ba Ang Diyos? in the same year.
When Star Magic Presents: Abt Ur Luv Ur Lyf 2 ended in 2008, he appeared in another two seasons of Star Magic Presents namely: Astigs in Haay...skul lyf and Astigs in Luvin' Lyf. He appeared in three episodes of Maalaala Mo Kaya in 2008. He also landed a supporting role in ABS-CBN's prime time drama Iisa Pa Lamang.
In 2009, he played a molested teenager in the "Boarding House" episode of Maalaala Mo Kaya. He was cast as Otap, the main antagonist, of Your Song Presents: Boystown. He then went on to appear in two more episodes of Maalaala Mo Kaya in the same year. He also had a special participation in May Bukas Pa and a supporting role in Katorse.
Del Rosario made his film debut in 2010. He had a supporting role in Star Cinema's Till My Heartaches End and a lead role in the indie film Dagim. According to del Rosario, his first film was Dagim but Till My Heartaches End came out in cinemas earlier. In television, he appeared in the afternoon drama series Magkano Ang Iyong Dangal? and Juanita Banana. He also portrayed gay roles in the "Headband" episode of Maalaala Mo Kaya and in the horror-fantasy drama TV series Rosalka.
In 2011, Del Rosario made a cameo appearance in the 2010 remake of Mara Clara and was cast as Norberto Matias in Minsan Lang Kita Iibigin. While filming a fight scene in Minsan Lang Kita Iibigin, del Rosario accidentally shot Andi Eigenmann with a blank bullet. Eigenmann was rushed to the St. Luke's Medical Center in Quezon City. The actress suffered second degree burns. Del Rosario later apologized for the accident. He received his first acting award in the same year. He won "Breakthrough Performance by an Actor" for the film Dagim in the 8th Golden Screen Awards presented by the Entertainment Press Society, Inc. He also won the "New Movie Actor of the Year" award, for the same film, in the 27th PMPC Star Awards for Movies. He played Ulam the brother of Pura, played by Melai Cantiveros, in the film The Adventures of Pureza, directed by Soxie Topacio.
|Till My Heartaches End||Wally||Star Cinema|
|2011||The Adventures of Pureza: Queen of the Riles||Ulam||Sine Screen
|Won't Last A Day Without You||Duke||Star Cinema
|2012||The Healing||Jed||Star Cinema|
|2014||Bride for Rent||Mik Antonio|
Awards and nominations
|2010||Dagim||8th Golden Screen Awards||Breakthrough Performance by an Actor||Won|
|2011||Dagim||27th PMPC Star Awards for Movies||New Movie Actor of the Year||Won|
|2013||Amorosa: The Revenge||FAMAS Awards for 2012||Best Supporting Actor||Nominated|
- Calderon, Ricky (2010-11-11). "Newcomer Martin del Rosario lands lead role in his first movie, Dagim". News. The Philippine Entertainment Portal. Retrieved 2011-04-01.
- Erece, Dinno (2007-06-18). "Star Magic launches "showbiz royalties"". News. The Philippine Entertainment Portal. Retrieved 2011-04-01.
- Quintos, Napoleon (2011-03-01). "Martin Del Rosario says he never doubted that his big break would come". News Items. Push. Retrieved 2011-04-01.
- Erece, Dino (2008-01-10). "ABS-CBN airs new youth-oriented show "Astigs" starting January 12". Entertainment Guide / Television. Philippine Entertainment Portal. Retrieved 2009-01-27.
- Navarro, Mell (2010-09-19). "Marc Abaya portrays a tribe leader in horror film Dagim". Guide / Indie. The Philippine Entertainment Portal. Retrieved 2011-04-01.
- "Three gay sampaguita vendors band together in MMK". Guide / Television. The Philippine Entertainment Portal. 2010-04-30. Retrieved 2011-04-01.
- "Andi Eigenmann hurt while taping action scene". Entertainment. ABS-CBN News. 2011-03-20. Retrieved 2011-06-22.
- Garcia, Rose (2011-03-21). "Martin del Rosario apologizes to Andi Eigenmann for taping mishap". News. The Philippine Entertainment Portal. Retrieved 2011-06-22.
- Almo, Nerisa (2011-04-06). "Martin del Rosario regards his first acting award as an inspiration". News. The Philippine Entertainment Portal. Retrieved 2011-04-09.
- Reyes, William R. (2011-06-22). "Ai-Ai delas Alas and Coco Martin win top acting honors at 27th Star Awards for Movies". News. The Philippine Entertainment Portal. Retrieved 2011-06-22.
- Mata, Paul (2011-02-01). "Martin del Rosario welcomes 2011 with his first comedy film". News. The Philippine Entertainment Portal. Retrieved 2011-06-22.
- Montealegre, Lyn Luna (2011-07-02). "Melai Cantiveros undergoes a glamorous transformation for The Adventures of Pureza: Queen of the Riles". Guide / Movies. Retrieved 2011-07-09.