Martine Batchelor (born 1953), a former Jogye Buddhist nun, is the author of several books on Buddhism currently residing in France. She and her husband, Stephen Batchelor, work mostly in the United Kingdom and occasionally in the United States. In addition to writing books, she leads meditation groups with her husband that incorporate aspects of Zen, vipassanā, and Tibetan Buddhism. Batchelor also blogs frequently for the U.S. based Tricycle: The Buddhist Review. She studied Jogye Zen Buddhism for ten years at Songgwangsa with her former teacher Master Kusan Sunim, being ordained as a nun in 1975. Batchelor served as Kusan's interpreter on speaking tours of the United States and Europe from 1981 to 1985, the year she left monastic life, married Stephen, and returned to Europe. There she became a member of Sharpham North Community and served as a guiding teacher at Gaia House, both of which are based in Devon, England. She has also led a Buddhist studies program at Sharpham College in Totnes, Devon. As a multilingual individual, Martine speaks English, Korean, and French and can read Chinese characters.
- Batchelor, Martine (2007). Let Go: A Buddhist Guide to Breaking Free of Habits. Wisdom Publications. ISBN 0-86171-521-7.
- Batchelor, Martine; Sŏnʼgyŏng Sunim (2006). Women in Korean Zen: Lives and Practices. Syracuse University Press. ISBN 0-8156-0842-X.
- Batchelor, Martine (2004). The Path of Compassion: The Bodhisattva Precepts. Rowman Altamira. ISBN 0-7591-0517-0.
- Batchelor, Martine (2002). Women on the Buddhist Path. Thorsons. ISBN 0-00-713319-7.
- Batchelor, Martine; Stephen Batchelor (photography) (2001). Meditation for Life. Wisdom Publications. ISBN 0-86171-302-8.
- Batchelor, Martine (2001). Zen. HarperCollins. ISBN 0-00-711016-2.
- Batchelor, Martine (1999). Principles of Zen. Thorsons. ISBN 0-7225-3672-0.
- Batchelor, Martine; Gill Farrer-Halls (1996). Walking on Lotus Flowers: Buddhist Women Living, Loving and Meditating. Thorsons. ISBN 0-7225-3231-8.
- Batchelor, Martine; Kerry Brown (1992). Buddhism and Ecology. Cassell. ISBN 0-304-32375-6.
- ^ Prebish, 315
- ^ Findly, 481