|Traded as||TYO: 1333
Nikkei 225 Component
|Founded||Osaka, Japan March 31, 1943|
|Headquarters||2-20 3-chome, Toyosu, Koto-ku, Tokyo 135-8603, Japan|
|Key people||Shigeru Ito, (CEO and President)|
|Revenue||¥ 809.789 billion) (FY 2012)|
$ 58 million (FY 2012)(¥ 5.448 billion) (FY 2012)
|Employees||12,335 (consolidated) (as of December 2013)|
|Footnotes / references
Maruha Nichiro Corporation (マルハニチロ株式会社 Maruha Nichiro Kabushiki-gaisha?) is a Japanese seafood company, beginning its operation in 1888, when its founder, Ikujiro Nakabe, began a fish sale business in Osaka. The company is the largest of its kind in Japan, with Nippon Suisan Kaisha and Kyokuyo Co., Ltd. as its main competitors.
- 1880 - The founder, Ikujiro Nakabe, begins purchasing fish from fishermen for sale to wholesalers at the wholesale fish market in Osaka
- 1904 - Operation base moved to Shimonoseki in Yamaguchi Prefecture
- 1924 - Incorporated as K.K. Hayashikane Shoten, ending the era of private operation
- 1943 - Corporate name changed to Nishi Taiyo Gyogyo Tosei K.K.
- 1945 - Corporate name changed to Taiyo Gyogyo K.K. (Taiyo Fishery Co., Ltd.) (virtually all overseas assets and operations lost at the end of World War II)
- 1949 - Corporate headquarters moved to Tokyo
- Taiyo professional baseball club (present-day Yokohama DeNA BayStars) established
- 1951 - Overseas operations started
- 1960 - Operations expanded from the marine products business into feeds and livestock production
- 1978 - New headquarters building completed in central Tokyo
- 1993 - New trademark adopted and corporate name changed to Maruha Corporation (Maruha Kabushiki Kaisha)
- 1996 - Acquisition of Taiyo Seafoods Co., Ltd.
- 2004 - Maruha Group Inc. established as a holding company
- 2007 - Economic union of Maruha Group Inc. and Nichiro Corporation Creation of Maruha Nichiro Holdings, Inc.
- 2014 - Reorganization of the company structure and adoption of the Maruha Nichiro Corporation name
- "Corporate Data". Retrieved April 4, 2014.
- "Financial Statement 2013". Retrieved April 4, 2014.
- "Corporate History". Retrieved April 4, 2014.
- "Group Companies". Retrieved April 4, 2014.
- "Components:Nikkei Stock Average". Nikkei Inc. Retrieved April 4, 2014.
- "Major seafood firms Maruha, Nichiro to merge in October". TMC News. December 11, 2006. Retrieved April 4, 2014.
- "Maruha Nichiro completes merger". undercurrent news. April 2, 2014. Retrieved April 4, 2014.
- Official website (English)
|This article about a Japanese corporation– or company–related topic is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|