|Body and chassis|
|Body style||5-door hatchback|
|Predecessor||Maruti Suzuki A-Star|
The Suzuki Celerio is a city car manufactured by Maruti Suzuki in India and launched in February 2014. It replaces the A-Star and Zen Estilo and is marketed to compete with the Honda Brio, Hyundai i10, Ford Figo, Chevrolet Beat, and Nissan Micra Active. Maruti Suzuki unveiled the Celerio at the Auto Expo 2014, after being previewed as the A:Wind concept model at the Thailand International Motor Expo in November 2013.
The Celerio is India's first car with an automatic gear shift called EZ Drive. the Petrol engine is a Suzuki K-series latest revision called K10C or K-NEXT is a The gearbox is basically a manual transmission with a transmission control unit (TCU) that actuates the hydraulics to shift the gears.
The Suzuki Celerio was launched in India with six variants (base model ex-showroom price of INR. 3.75 lakhs). It is planned to be launched on the European market in the second half of 2014, having its European premiere at the Geneva Motor Show in March 2014.
- Chauhan, Chanchal Pal (2014-02-07). "Auto Expo 2014: Maruti Celerio hatchback launched at a starting price of Rs 3.90 lakh". The Economic Times. Retrieved 2014-02-28.
- Mohan, Anand (2014-02-14). "Maruti Celerio: Competition Check". The Economic Times. Retrieved 2014-02-28.
- CarWale Team. "Maruti Suzuki launches the Celerio for Rs 3.90 lakh at the Auto Expo 2014". Carwale.com. Retrieved 6 February 2014.
- "How does Maruti Celerio’s Auto gearbox work?". Retrieved 1 February 2014.
- "Maruti Suzuki Celerio". Overdrive. Retrieved 11 March 2014.
|Maruti Suzuki road car timeline, Indian market, 1980s–present|
|City car||800||800||Alto 800|
|Grand Vitara XL7||Grand Vitara|