Avengers Assemble (TV series)
Hawkeye, Falcon, Captain America, Iron Man, Hulk, Thor and Black Widow
|Created by||Stan Lee
|Developed by||Marvel Animation Studios
Man of Action
|Voices of||Laura Bailey
Roger Craig Smith
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||26 (List of episodes)|
|Executive producer(s)||Alan Fine
Man of Action
Steven T. Seagle
(Man of Action)
|Running time||22 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Marvel Animation
Man of Action Studios
|Distributor||Disney-ABC Domestic Television|
|Original channel||Disney XD|
|Original run||May 26, 2013 – present|
|Preceded by||The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes|
|Related shows||Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H.
Avengers Assemble is an American animated television series, based on the fictional Marvel Comics superhero team the Avengers, which has been designed to capitalize on the success of the 2012 film adaptation. Avengers Assemble premiered on May 26, 2013, on Disney XD. The series is a replacement for The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes. It airs alongside Ultimate Spider-Man and Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H.. Additionally, it features a near-identical cast and crew with both shows, and shares continuity with them as part of the block. Joe Casey, Joe Kelly, Duncan Rouleau and Steven T. Seagle (a group known as Man of Action) have been confirmed to be the executive producers of the series. On the Mighty Marvel Podcast #122 it was revealed the series would debut with an hour long slot featuring episodes 101 and 102 titled "The Avengers Protocol Part 1" and "The Avengers Protocol Part 2", respectively.
Falcon (the newest member of The Avengers) is the main eyes and ears of the viewer as he fights evil and saves the world with his teammates (consisting of Iron Man, Captain America, Hulk, Black Widow, Hawkeye and Thor).
When Red Skull is dying due to his imperfect Super Soldier Serum, he teams up with MODOK (who upgrades HYDRA's tech) to kidnap Captain America so that Red Skull can transfer his mind to a more fit body. After his defeat by a reassembled team of Avengers, Red Skull takes Iron Man's armor for its life support system leaving Tony for dead. The Avengers get Stark to a new armor, but Red Skull attacks them at the mansion and is again defeated with the Avengers Mansion destroyed during the fight. Red Skull plans to take away everything the Avengers hold dear from their lives to their country by trying to have them hated by the people for failing to save the day.
To even the playing field, Red Skull brings together his team of power giants called the Cabal where his invitational transmissions are shown to have been received by Attuma, Doctor Doom, and Dracula (though only Attuma and Dracula accept the invitation). The Avengers and S.H.I.E.L.D. intercept a transmission and the Avengers remain together to battle the Cabal. To stay close after Avengers Mansion blew up, they set up their base in Avengers Tower.
With the threat of the Cabal, the Avengers fight them at every end as well as other threats that come to Earth.
|Season||Episodes||Originally aired||DVD and Blu-ray release date|
|Season premiere||Season finale||Region 1/A||Region 2/B||Region 4/B|
|1||26||May 26, 2013||May 25, 2014||N/A||N/A||N/A|
- Laura Bailey – Black Widow
- Troy Baker – Hawkeye, Loki, Doombot
- Adrian Pasdar – Iron Man, Bruto the Strongman
- Bumper Robinson – Falcon, Human Cannonball
- Roger Craig Smith – Captain America, Torgo, Great Gambonnos
- Fred Tatasciore – Hulk/Bruce Banner, Thunderball, Volstagg, Ringmaster
- Travis Willingham – Thor, Bulldozer, Brok, Trick Shot
- Charlie Adler – MODOK
- Drake Bell – Spider-Man
- J.B. Blanc – Mangog
- Brian Bloom – Hyperion
- Dave Boat – Thing
- Corey Burton – Dracula
- Cam Clarke – Piledriver
- Chris Cox – Star-Lord
- John DiMaggio – Wrecker, Galactus, Thanos
- Robin Atkin Downes – Glorian
- Nika Futterman – Gamora
- Ralph Garman – Mojo
- Grant George – Ant-Man
- Seth Green – Rocket Raccoon
- David Kaye – J.A.R.V.I.S., Space Phantoms, Blood Brother #1
- Tom Kenny – Impossible Man
- Maurice LaMarche – Doctor Doom
- James C. Mathis III – Heimdall
- Chi McBride – Nick Fury
- Liam O'Brien – Red Skull, Blood Brother #2
- Kevin Michael Richardson – Ulik, Groot
- Anthony Ruivivar
- Daryl Sabara – Aaron Reece
- Dwight Schultz – Attuma
- J.K. Simmons – J. Jonah Jameson
- David Sobolov – Drax the Destroyer
- Jason Spisak – Justin Hammer
- Cree Summer – Darlene Wilson
- Hynden Walch – Princess Python
- Frank Welker – Odin
- Joe Moeller – Casting Director
- Collette Sunderman – Voice Director
Jeph Loeb, Head of Marvel Television and a producer on the series, stated that the series is intended to closely echo the tone and feel of the 2012 The Avengers film. The series will feature a combination of 2D and CGI animation. Avengers Assemble was originally reported as a "continuation" of The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes, but later reports confirmed it as a completely separate series (though a flashback in episode 8 does have the Avengers featured in their respective models). Episode 8 did make references to Nick Fury's teenage superhero program from Ultimate Spider-Man (Adrian Pasdar, Roger Craig Smith, Travis Willingham, Fred Tatasciore, Troy Baker, Chi McBride, and J.K. Simmons have also voiced their respective characters on that show) indicating that both shows are in the same continuity.
- Cochran, Jay. "Download The First Episode Of Avengers Assemble For Free On iTunes Now". Marvelous News. Retrieved 22 November 2013.
- Sands, Rich (June 12, 2012). "Exclusive: Marvel Assembles New Animated Series for the Hulk and Avengers". TV Guide. Archived from the original on September 7, 2012. Retrieved July 5, 2012.
- "NYCC 2012: Avengers Assemble & Hulk Casts Announced". Marvel. Marvel. December 4, 2012. Retrieved January 29, 2013.
- Mighty Marvel Podcast #122 May 22nd 2013
- Goldman, Eric (June 12, 2012). "Marvel Confirms New Avengers Assemble Animated Series". IGN. Archived from the original on September 7, 2012. Retrieved September 7, 2012.
- JOE KELLY Confirms AVENGERS ASSEMBLE Renewed For Second Season; Also Says ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN Possibly Breaking The 65 Episode Limit
- Sands, Rich. "Disney XD Picks Up Marvel Cartoons Featuring the Avengers and the Hulk". TV Guide. Retrieved 13 October 2012.
- "Planet Doom". Avengers Assemble. Season 1. Episode 15. December 8, 2013. Disney XD.
- "Crime and Circuses". Avengers Assemble. Season 1. Episode 24. May 11, 2014. Disney XD.
- "Mojo World". Avengers Assemble. Season 1. Episode 18. March 9, 2014. Disney XD.
- "Avengers: Impossible". Avengers Assemble. Season 1. Episode 12. October 20, 2013. Disney XD.
- "Savages". Avengers Assemble. Season 1. Episode 17. March 2, 2014. Disney XD.
- "The Avengers Protocol: Part 1". Avengers Assemble. Season 1. Episode 1. May 26, 2013. Disney XD.
- "Hulk's Day Out". Avengers Assemble. Season 1. Episode 14. November 24, 2013. Disney XD.
- "All Father's Day". Avengers Assemble. Season 1. Episode 1. March 23, 2014. Disney XD.
- "Hyperion". Avengers Assemble. Season 1. Episode 7. August 4, 2013. Disney XD.
- "Blood Feud". Avengers Assemble. Season 1. Episode 5. July 21, 2013. Disney XD.
- "Guardians and Space Knights". Avengers Assemble. Season 1. Episode 22. April 6, 2014. Disney XD.
- "One Little Thing". Avengers Assemble. Season 1. Episode 23. April 13, 2014. Disney XD.
- "The Serpent of Doom". Avengers Assemble. Season 1. Episode 4. July 14, 2013. Disney XD.
- Anthony Ruivivar on Avengers Assemble tweet
- "Molecule Kid". Avengers Assemble. Season 1. Episode 8. August 12, 2013. Disney XD.
- "Depth Charge". Avengers Assemble. Season 1. Episode 9. September 15, 2013. Disney XD.
- "The Avengers Protocol: Part 2". Avengers Assemble. Season 1. Episode 2. May 26, 2013. Disney XD.
- "Super Adaptoid". Avengers Assemble. Season 1. Episode 6. July 28, 2013. Disney XD.
- Wilding, Josh (July 14, 2012). "SAN DIEGO COMIC-CON 2012: Highlights From MARVEL TV PRESENTS Panel". Comic Book Movie. Retrieved July 19, 2012.
- Goldman, Eric (July 14, 2012). "Comic-Con: Avengers Assemble and Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H. Test Footage Shown". IGN. Retrieved November 13, 2012.
- Melrose, Kevin (March 8, 2013). "Disney XD’s Avengers Assemble, Hulk Cartoon Get Premiere Dates". Comic Book Resources. Retrieved November 19, 2013.
- "Marvel's Avengers Assemble, Season 1". iTunes Store. 2013. Retrieved November 19, 2013.