|Full name||Marvin Antonio Chávez|
|Date of birth||November 3, 1983|
|Place of birth||La Ceiba, Honduras|
|Height||5 ft 5 in (1.65 m)|
|San Antonio Scorpions|
|2009–2010||→ FC Dallas (loan)||27||(3)|
|2012–2013||San Jose Earthquakes||42||(4)|
|2015–||San Antonio Scorpions||0||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 7 August 2014.
† Appearances (Goals).
Chávez signed with FC Dallas of Major League Soccer on a loan deal in August 2009. During the 2010 season Chávez became an important player for Dallas helping the club reach the MLS Cup final. On November 21, 2010, he played 105 minutes in the MLS Cup 2010 in which his club fell to Colorado Rapids. Chávez continued his fine play in 2011 and was named to the MLS Team of Week 10 and 12 during the 2011 MLS season for his goal-scoring performances against Real Salt Lake and New England Revolution. He gained Team of the Week honors again in Week 19 against New York Red Bulls.
On December 16, 2011, Chávez was traded to San Jose Earthquakes in exchange for allocation money. Chávez had a breakout season in 2012 for San Jose as he made 27 league appearances and recorded 3 goals and 13 assists in helping his new club capture the 2012 Supporters Shield.
His stay in San Jose ended on January 7, 2014 when he was traded to Colorado Rapids in exchange for Atiba Harris. Colorado was not a good fit for Chavez. He played only 39 minutes for the club before being traded to Chivas USA on May 8, 2014 in exchange for Luke Moore.
He made his debut for Honduras in an August 2006 friendly match against Venezuela and has, as of July 2012, earned a total of 25 caps, scoring 2 goals. He has represented his country in 6 FIFA World Cup qualification matches and played at the 2009 and 2011 UNCAF Nations Cups as well as at the 2009 CONCACAF Gold Cup.
- Scores and results list Honduras' goal tally first.
|1.||26 January 2009||Estadio Tiburcio Carías Andino, Tegucigalpa, Honduras||El Salvador||2–0||2–0||2009 UNCAF Nations Cup|
|2.||21 January 2011||Estadio Rommel Fernández, Panama City, Panama||El Salvador||2–0||2–0||2011 Copa Centroamericana|
|3.||7 September 2012||Estadio Pedro Marrero, Havana, Cuba||Cuba||3–0||3–0||2014 World Cup qualification|
|4.||8 July 2013||Red Bull Arena, Harrison, USA||Haiti||2–0||2–0||2013 CONCACAF Gold Cup|
- FC Dallas
- San Jose Earthquakes
- Major League Soccer Supporters Shield: 2012
- Major League Soccer Western Conference Regular Season Championship: 2012
- "2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil: List of Players" (PDF). FIFA. 11 June 2014. p. 19. Retrieved 11 June 2014.
- FC Dallas adds Honduran forward/midfielder Marvin Chávez
- MLSsoccer.com Team of the Week: Week 10 – MLS Soccer
- MLSsoccer.com Team of the Week: Week 12 – MLS Soccer
- MLSsoccer.com Team of the Week: Week 19 – MLS Soccer
- Quakes trade for FCD midfielder Marvin Chavez – San Jose Earthquakes
- Marvin Chávez – FIFA competition record
- UNCAF (Qualifying Tournament for Gold Cup) 2009 – Details – RSSSF
- Copa Centroamericana 2011 (UNCAF Nations Cup) – RSSSF
- CONCACAF Championship, Gold Cup 2009 – Full Details – RSSSF