Morgan in 2010
|Full name||Marvin Newlon Morgan|
|Date of birth||18 April 1983|
|Place of birth||Manchester, England|
|Height||6 ft 4 in (1.93 m)|
|2001||→ Berkhamsted Town (loan)|
|2002||→ Berkhamsted Town (loan)|
|2011||→ Dagenham & Redbridge (loan)||12||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 13:03, 25 March 2014 (UTC).
† Appearances (Goals).
Born in Manchester, Greater Manchester, Morgan started his career in the youth team at Wealdstone before signing a contract in March 2000. In his 51 appearances at Wealdstone he scored 22 goals. Morgan also had two loan spells at Berkhamsted Town, making a total of eight appearances. He joined Yeading in November 2004 for a fee of £3,000 and scored eight league goals that season as Yeading won the Isthmian League Premier Division. In the 2006–07 season, Morgan scored 25 goals for Yeading and was the club's top scorer. Whilst at Yeading, he was nicknamed "The Sticks". Morgan played in 94 league games during three seasons with the club and scored 39 goals. In May 2007, he joined the Conference National side Woking.
In May 2008, Morgan signed for the Conference National champions and newly promoted League Two side Aldershot Town for an undisclosed fee. This fee although undisclosed, was a record fee paid by Aldershot Town for any player. Morgan made his Football League debut in Aldershot Town's first-ever Football League match, away to Accrington Stanley on 9 August 2008. He scored Aldershot Town's first-ever League Cup goal in the 3–1 defeat at Coventry City in the first round of the 2008–09 competition. He scored his first Football League goal at home to Bradford City on 30 August 2008. Morgan finished season 2008–09 at the Shots having scored seven goals in all competitions. He played in all but seven games in season 2009–10 and finished the campaign having top-scored with 16 goals in all competitions.
After the 2–1 defeat to Hereford United on 3 January 2011, Morgan posted the following message on Twitter: "Like to thank the fans who booed me off the pitch. Where’s that going to get you! I hope you all die." Following this he was transfer-listed, being eventually signed by League One club Dagenham & Redbridge on loan until the end of the season. At the end of the season, he was one of seven players to be released by Aldershot Town.
Morgan joined Shrewsbury Town following his release from Aldershot and started the opening game of the League Two season against Plymouth Argyle on 6 August 2011. He was replaced by Terry Gornell in the 88th minute following a knock to the head. Three days later, in Shrewsbury's Football League Cup encounter with Derby County, Morgan scored two goals to help his side to a 3–2 win.
At the end of the 2011–2012 season Morgan had scored 11 goals to help in Shrewsbury Towns promotion to League 1. Marvin Morgan was released by Shrewsbury Town at the end of the 2012–2013 season having only scored 7 goals.
On 17 August 2013, Morgan scored his first goal for Argyle heading home the pilgrims first in 3-1 win away at Cheltenham Town.
Outside of football
Morgan runs his own fashion label which he publicises through various social networking sites.
- Hugman, Barry J., ed. (2010). The PFA Footballers' Who's Who 2010–11. Mainstream Publishing. p. 294. ISBN 978-1-84596-601-0.
- "County Cup: Experience proved to be the key". Croydon Guardian. 27 October 2001. Retrieved 7 August 2013.
- Feldberg, Alan (1 February 2002). "Ryman League Round-up: 'Wood have a headache". Wirral Globe. Retrieved 7 August 2013.
- "2004–2005: Marvin Morgan". Soccer Facts UK. Retrieved 7 August 2013.
- "2006–2007: Marvin Morgan". Soccer Facts UK. Retrieved 7 August 2013.
- "Yeading aim to fell Forest". BBC Sport. 10 November 2006. Retrieved 10 November 2006.
- "2005–2006: Marvin Morgan". Soccer Facts UK. Retrieved 7 August 2013.
- "Woking recruit Wimbledon defender". BBC Sport. 31 May 2007. Retrieved 31 May 2007.
- "Aldershot capture striker Morgan". BBC Sport. 19 May 2008. Retrieved 19 May 2008.
- "Playing Squad 2008/2009 – Marvin Morgan". www.theshots.co.uk.
- "Coventry City 3–1 Aldershot Town". Aldershot Town Official Website. Retrieved 13 August 2008.
- "Aldershot Town 3–2 Bradford City". Aldershot Town Official Website. Retrieved 30 August 2008.
- "Player transfer listed after Twitter rant". Yahoo. 6 January 2011. Retrieved 6 January 2011.
- "Daggers complete Morgan loan deal". daggers.co.uk (Dagenham & Redbridge Football Club). 7 January 2011. Retrieved 13 January 2011.
- "Young stays as seven depart Shots". BBC News. 11 May 2011.
- "Marvelous Marvin". Plymouth Argyle F.C. 1 July 2013. Retrieved 7 August 2013.
- "Marvin Morgan completes move to Plymouth Argyle". The Herald. 1 July 2013. Retrieved 7 August 2013.
- "Plymouth Argyle start new season with defeat at Southend". The Herald. 4 August 2013. Retrieved 7 August 2013.
- "Shrewsbury Town striker Marvin swaps pitch for catwalk". Shropshire Star. 7 September 2011. Retrieved 10 July 2012.