Mary Help of Christians Academy (New Jersey)
|Mary Help of Christians Academy|
|659 Belmont Avenue
North Haledon, NJ (Passaic County), 07508
|Motto||Beauty, Truth, and Joy.|
|Religious affiliation(s)||Roman Catholic|
|Principal||Sr. Lise Parent, FMA|
|Asst. Principal||Elizabeth Manzella|
|Student to teacher ratio||11.8:1|
|Campus size||16 acres (65,000 m2)|
|Color(s)||Blue and White|
|Slogan||A Salesian Academy Dedicated to the Future of Young Women =|
|Athletics conference||North Jersey Interscholastic Conference|
|Sports||Basketball, Bowling, Cheerleading, Cross Country, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, Track & Field, Volleyball|
|Team name||Blue Jays|
|Accreditation(s)||Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools|
|Admissions Director||Sr. Mary Jackson, FMA|
|Athletic Director||Marie Chirico|
|Academic Counselors||Dr. Thomas Haring|
|Youth Ministry||Lorelle Sanyu|
Mary Help of Christians Academy is an all-girls, Roman Catholic high school in North Haledon, in Passaic County, New Jersey, United States. Operated by the Daughters of Mary Help of Christians, the school is located in the Roman Catholic Diocese of Paterson. The school has been accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Secondary Schools since 1978.
Mary Help of Christians Academy was established in 1924 with 76 boarding students and 5 day students, most of whom were orphans. Currently, the academy has a small boarding program, but the majority of students are day students. Also present at the academy are summer programs for younger children in which students at the Academy volunteer their time as camp counselors.
The Mary Help of Christians Blue Jays compete in the North Jersey Interscholastic Conference (NJIC), made up of private and public high schools located in Bergen County, Hudson County and Passaic County, which operates under the supervision of the New Jersey State Interscholastic Athletic Association (NJSIAA). Prior to realignment that took effect in the fall of 2010, MHCA spent one year as a member of the smaller Bergen County Scholastic League (BPSL).
Sports offered at Mary Help include Basketball, Bowling, Cheerleading, Cross Country, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, Track & Field and Volleyball.
- Mary Help of Christians Academy, National Center for Education Statistics. Accessed March 14, 2012.
- Mary Help of Christians Academy, Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Secondary Schools. Accessed March 14, 2012.
- Passaic County Independent / Private Catholic Schools, Roman Catholic Diocese of Paterson. Accessed March 14, 2012.
- MHCA. "Mary Help of Christians Academy - Our History". Academy website. Archived from the original on 2007-07-19. Retrieved 2007-05-11.
- League Memberships – 2012-2013, New Jersey State Interscholastic Athletic Association. Accessed September 27, 2012.
- League Memberships – 2009-2010, New Jersey State Interscholastic Athletic Association. Accessed March 14, 2012.