Mary L. Good
|Mary Lowe Good|
Mary Lowe Good receiving the Othmer Gold Medal
June 20, 1931|
|Institutions||Louisiana State University;
AlliedSignal Research and Techology Laboratory;
U.S. Department of Commerce
|Alma mater||B.S., University of Central Arkansas;
M.S. and Ph.D., University of Arkansas
Mary Lowe Good is an inorganic chemist who does industrial research and has worked in government. She received her BS from the University of Central Arkansas and in 1955 received her PhD in from the University of Arkansas. In 1980 she was appointed to the National Science Board of the National Science Foundation by Jimmy Carter and then in 1986 she was appointed to it again by Ronald Reagan. In 1976 she was initiated into the Beta Phi Chapter of Alpha Chi Sigma at the South Dakota School of Mines. 
|"You’ve got to take the opportunities as they appear", Chemical Heritage Foundation|
Former President Bush appointed her to the President's Council of Advisors on Science and Technology. Later Dr. Good in 1993 served four years as the Under Secretary for Technology for the Technology Administration in the Department of Commerce, under the Clinton Administration.
She was the 1987 President of the American Chemical Society.
She has also been a Donaghey University Professor at the University of Arkansas at Little Rock, and was the founding Dean of the George W. Donaghey College of Engineering and Information Technology (EIT), retiring July 1, 2011.
- The 6th Annual Heinz Award in Technology, the Economy and Employment (2000)
- Vannevar Bush Award
- Priestley Medal
- Glenn T. Seaborg Medal
- Agnes Fay Morgan Research Award
- Garvan-Olin Medal
- American Institute of Chemists Gold Medal
- The Delmer S. Fahrney Medal
- IRI Medal from the Industrial Research Institute
- Alpha Chi Sigma Hall of Fame (2002)
|About Mary L. Good|
|By Mary L. Good|
- "Mary Lowe Good". Chemical Heritage Foundation. Retrieved 22 June 2013.
- "The Heinz Awards: Mary Good". The Heinz Awards.
- "Alpha Chi Sigma Hall of Fame". Alpha Chi Sigma Fraternity. Retrieved 22 June 2013.
- "Dr. Mary Good Founding Dean, George W. Donaghey College of Engineering and Information Technology (EIT).". University of Little Rock Arkansas. Retrieved 22 June 2013.
- "Mary L. Good Profile". Forbes.com. Forbes. Retrieved 26 October 2011.
- Chemical Heritage Foundation, The Catalyst Series: Women in Chemistry, Mary L. Good video
- Chemical Heritage Foundation, The Catalyst Series: Women in Chemistry, Mary L. Good transcript
- Chemical Heritage Foundation, oral history interview
- Chemical Heritage Foundation, biographical sketch