October 13, 1951 |
Helena, Arkansas, U.S.
Mary Lambert (born October 13, 1951) is an American film director. She has directed music videos, television episodes, and feature films, mainly in the horror genre.
Lambert was born in Helena, Arkansas, the daughter of Martha Kelly and Jordan Bennett Lambert III, a rice and cotton farmer. Her younger sister is former U.S. Senator Blanche Lincoln of Arkansas. Lambert graduated from the Rhode Island School of Design with a B.F.A.
Lambert directed Chris Isaak's first music video "Dancin'" and Janet Jackson's "Nasty" and "Control" music videos. She also directed videos for Annie Lennox, Mick Jagger, The Go-Go's, Whitney Houston, Alison Krauss, Live, Mötley Crüe, Queensrÿche, Sting, Debbie Harry, Tom Tom Club and others. She directed many of Madonna's early videos including "Borderline", "Like a Virgin", "Material Girl", "La Isla Bonita", and "Like a Prayer".
In 1987 she released her debut feature, the stylish and controversial Siesta, starring Ellen Barkin and Jodie Foster. It was nominated for the IFP Spirit Award for best first feature. She is known to horror fans for directing the 1989 adaptation of Stephen King's novel Pet Sematary and its sequel, Pet Sematary Two. More recently, Lambert directed 2005 Urban Legends: Bloody Mary and the 2011 Syfy horror film Mega Python vs. Gatoroid.
- Presumed Dead in Paradise (2014)
- Fishing Pono: Living in Harmony with the Sea (2013 short)
- Pearl (2012 short)
- Miss South Pacific: Beauty and the Sea (2011 documentary short)
- Mega Python vs. Gatoroid (2011 TV movie)
- The Attic (2008 straight-to-video)
- 14 Women (2007 documentary)
- Urban Legends: Bloody Mary (2005)
- Halloweentown II: Kalabar's Revenge (2001)
- Strange Frequency (2001)
- The in Crowd (2000)
- Clubland (1999)
- When You Believe: Music from 'The Prince of Egypt' (1998 TV movie documentary)
- My Stepson, My Lover (1997 TV movie)
- Face of Evil (1996)
- Dragstrip Girl (1994)
- Pet Sematary Two (1992)
- Grand Isle (1991)
- Bobby Brown: His Prerogative (1989 video documentary)
- Pet Sematary (1989)
- Siesta (1987)
- The Go-Go's: Wild at the Greek (1984 TV documentary)
- Rapid Eye Movements (1977 short)
- As herself
- Pretty Bloody: The Women of Horror (2009, documentary)
- Ross, Andy. "Sundance features Clarksdale visit".
- "Arkansas Congressional Directory". Govnotes.com. Retrieved February 5, 2012.
- Mary Lambert directed the film’s sequel, Pet Sematary 2, followed by Urban Legends: Bloody Mary.
- "Mega Python vs. Gatoroid Adds a Monkee".