|Mary Doreen Lobel|
|Born||Mary Doreen Rogers
25 June 1900
|Died||1 December 1993
|Residence||Bristol, Norwich, Oxford, Banbury|
|Education||Clifton High School, Bristol and St Hugh's College, Oxford|
|Alma mater||St Hugh's College, Oxford|
|Known for||English local history|
Professor Mary Doreen Lobel, OBE (1900–1993) was an historian who edited several volumes of the Victoria County History and a three-volume British Atlas of Historic Towns.
Lobel was born Mary Doreen Rogers in Bristol on 25 June 1900. She went to Clifton High School and during a school vacation she helped the coptologist W.E. Crum to prepare his A Coptic Dictionary. Mary Rogers graduated from St Hugh's College, Oxford in the 1920s and spent a short period teaching in Norwich. In 1927 she married Edgar Lobel (1888–1982), a papryrologist and future editor of Greek lyric poetry whom she had met through Crum. They were married for 55 years, until Edgar Lobel's death in 1982.
Mary Lobel worked on the Victoria County History as a contributor to A History of Oxfordshire from the 1930s and as its Oxfordshire county editor from the 1950s until 1972. Thereafter she concentrated on editing the three-volume British Atlas of Historic Towns. While editing the Victoria County History, Lobel was also a librarian at Somerville College, Oxford.
Victoria County History 
- Contributor: Salzman, Louis F.; Page, W.H.; Salter, Herbert E.; Lobel, Mary D; Crossley, Alan (1939). A History of the County of Oxford: Volume 1. Victoria County History. Archibald Constable and Co.
- Editor, with Herbert E. Salter: A History of the County of Oxford: Volume 3. Victoria County History. 1954.
- Editor: A History of the County of Oxford: Volume 5: Bullingdon Hundred. Victoria County History. 1957.
- Editor: A History of the County of Oxford: Volume 6. Victoria County History. 1959.
- Editor: A History of the County of Oxford: Volume 7: Thame and Dorchester Hundreds. Victoria County History. 1962.
- Editor: A History of the County of Oxford: Volume 8: Lewknor and Pyrton Hundreds. Victoria County History. 1964.
- Editor, with Alan Crossley: A History of the County of Oxford: Volume 9. Victoria County History. 1969.
- Contributor: Crossley, Alan (ed.); Colvin, Christina; Cooper, Janet; Cooper, N.H.; Harvey, P.D.A.; Hollings, Marjory; Hook, Judith; Jessup, Mary; Lobel, Mary D.; Mason, J.F.A.; Trinder, B.S.; Turner, Hilary (1972). A History of the County of Oxford, Volume 10. Victoria County History.
Atlas of Historic Towns 
- Editor: The Atlas of Historic Towns: Maps and Plans of Towns and Cities in British Isles, with Historical Commentaries, from Earliest Times to 1800. Towns: Bristol, Cambridge, Coventry, Norwich II. Baltimore, MD: Johns Hopkins University Press. 1975. ISBN 0-8018-1753-6.
- Editor: British Atlas of Historic Towns: The City of London from Prehistoric Times to Circa 1520 III. Oxford: Oxford University Press. ISBN 0-19-822979-8.