Mary O'Malley (born 1954, Connemara, Ireland) is an Irish poet.
Mary O’Malley was educated at University College, Galway. She spent many years living in Portugal before returning to Ireland in the late 1980s, and beginning a poetry career in 1990.
She lives near the village of Moycullen. She teaches on the MA in Writing at the National University of Ireland, Galway.
Her work has been published in Krino, Poetry Ireland, The Seneca Review, Atlanta Review, Da Braake Honde, Lictungen, The Lifelines Anthology and the Review of Irish American Studies.
She read at the 2009 Dublin Book Festival.
- Hennessey Award winner in 1990
- 13th annual Lawrence O'Shaughnessy Award, 2009
- A Consideration of Silk, Salmon Poetry Galway, 1990
- Where the Rocks Float, Salmon, Galway, 1993
- The Knife in the Wave, Salmon Co.Clare, 1997
- Asylum Road, Salmon Publishing, 2001
- The Boning Hall (New & Selected), Carcanet Press, Manchester, 2002
- A Perfect V, Carcanet Press, Manchester, 2006.
- Three Irish Poets, Carcanet Press Ltd. 2003 ISBN 978-1-85754-683-5
- SALMON: A Journey in Poetry 1981-2007, edited by Jessie Lendennie 
- The Making of a Poem: a Norton Anthology of Poetic Forms, edited by Eavan Boland and Mark Strand, W. W. Norton & Company; Reprint edition (April 2001)