Mary Pat Angelini
|Mary Pat Angelini|
|Member of the New Jersey General Assembly
from the 11th district
January 8, 2008
Serving with David Rible, Caroline Casagrande
|Preceded by||Steve Corodemus|
|Born||December 8, 1954|
|Children||Toni and Bobby|
|Residence||Ocean Township, Monmouth County, New Jersey|
Mary Pat Angelini (born December 8, 1954) is an American Republican Party politician, who has served in the New Jersey General Assembly since January 8, 2008, where she represents the 11th Legislative District.
Angelini serves in the Assembly on the Human Services Committee and the Health and Senior Services Committee.
Angelini graduated with a B.S.W. from East Tennessee State University and an M.P.A. from Fairleigh Dickinson University. Since 1992 she has served as Executive Director of Prevention First, which provides educational programs and services to schools, businesses, and community organizations to counter the negative effects of drug abuse and violence. Angelini is a resident of Ocean Township, Monmouth County, New Jersey.
The Assemblywoman has sponsored legislation to establish an Anti-Bullying Bill of Rights in New Jersey. The bill was signed by New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie early in 2011. The law encourages school districts to better investigate reports of bullying and was drafted in response to the tragedy of Tyler Clementi.
Each of the 40 districts in the New Jersey Legislature has one representative in the New Jersey Senate and two members in the New Jersey General Assembly. The other representatives from the 11th District for the 2014-2015 Legislative Session are:
- Assemblywoman Angelini's legislative webpage, New Jersey Legislature. Accessed February 21, 2008.
- About Prevention First, Prevention First. Accessed November 17, 2010.
- NJ To Have Toughest Anti-Bullying Law In Nation WPIX. Accessed November 17, 2010.
- N.J. Gov. Christie approves toughest anti-bullying law in the country, NJ.com. Accessed March 7, 2011.
- , NJ.com. Accessed March 7, 2011.
- Legislative Roster 2014-2015 Session, New Jersey Legislature. Accessed January 27, 2014.
- Official 11th Legislative District website
- Mary Pat Angelini's campaign website
- Assemblywoman Angelini's legislative webpage, New Jersey Legislature
- New Jersey Legislature financial disclosure forms