Mary Somerset, Duchess of Beaufort
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2009)|
|Spouse||Henry Somerset, 10th Duke of Beaufort|
|Father||Adolphus Cambridge, 1st Marquess of Cambridge|
|Mother||Lady Margaret Evelyn Grosvenor|
|Born||12 June 1897|
|Died||23 June 1987(aged 90)|
- Not to be confused with Mary Somerset, Duchess of Beaufort (1630–1715).
Victoria Constance Mary Somerset, Duchess of Beaufort (née Princess Mary of Teck and later The Lady Victoria Constance Mary Cambridge) (12 June 1897 – 23 June 1987) was the daughter of the 1st Marquess of Cambridge and Lady Margaret Evelyn Grosvenor.
Princess Mary was born at White Lodge, Richmond Park. She was baptised with the name of Mary von Teck and in 1917 her name was legally changed to Mary Cambridge when her father renounced all his German titles.
She was a bridesmaid, as Lady Mary Cambridge, at the wedding of Prince Albert, Duke of York, and Lady Elizabeth Bowes-Lyon on 3 May 1923.
She married the Marquess of Worcester, later the 10th Duke of Beaufort, on 14 June 1923 in London, and became Marchioness of Worcester and later The Duchess of Beaufort when Lord Worcester's father died in 1924.
They had no issue.
Mary was invested as a Commander of the Most Venerable Order of the Hospital of St. John of Jerusalem (C.St.J.). She died in 1987, aged 90 at Badminton House, Gloucestershire and is buried at St Michael and All Angels Church, Badminton.
Jane Gardam introduces the Duchess briefly as a character in her novel, Old Filth.
- 12 June 1897 – 1917: Her Serene Highness Princess Mary of Teck
- 1917 - 1917: Miss Mary Cambridge
- 1917 – 14 June 1923: The Lady Mary Cambridge
- 14 June 1923 – 24 November 1924: The Most Honourable The Marchioness of Worcester
- 24 November 1924 – 5 February 1984: Her Grace The Duchess of Beaufort
- 5 February 1984 – 23 June 1987: Her Grace Mary, Duchess of Beaufort
- Daily Telegraph: royal wedding photograph http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/picturegalleries/royalty/9176069/The-Queen-Mother-in-pictures.html?frame=2181538