Mary Stuart, Countess of Bute
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|The Right Honourable
The Countess of Bute
Mary Stuart (1718-1794), Countess of Bute
|Born||January 19, 1718|
|Died||November 6, 1794(aged 76)|
|Spouse(s)||John Stuart, 3rd Earl of Bute|
Lady Mary Wortley Montagu
Mary Stuart, Countess of Bute and 1st Baroness Mount Stuart (19 January 1718 – 6 November 1794) was the daughter of Sir Edward Wortley Montagu and Lady Mary Pierrepont (the daughter of the 1st Duke of Kingston-upon-Hull).
- Lady Mary Stuart (ca. 1741 – 5 April 1824), who married James Lowther, later the 1st Earl of Lonsdale, on 7 September 1761
- John Stuart, 1st Marquess of Bute (30 June 1744 – 16 November 1814)
- Lady Anne Stuart (born ca. 1745), who married Lord Warkworth, later the 2nd Duke of Northumberland, on 2 July 1764
- The Hon. James Archibald Stuart (19 September 1747 – 1 March 1818)
- Lady Jane Stuart (ca. 1748 – 28 February 1828), who married George Macartney, later the 1st Earl Macartney, on 1 February 1768.
- The Hon. Sir Charles Stuart (January 1753 – 25 May 1801)
- The Most Rev. and Hon. William Stuart, Archbishop of Armagh (Church of Ireland) (March 1755 – 6 March 1822)
- Lady Caroline Stuart (before 1763 – 20 January 1813), who married The Hon. John Dawson, later the 1st Earl of Portarlington, on 1 January 1778.
- Lady Louisa Stuart (12 August 1757 – 4 August 1851)
|“||You know so much of Lady Bute that I need say nothing of her agreeableness, her good sense, and good principles, which with great civility must be always pleasing.||”|
Titles from birth to death
- Miss Mary Wortley Montagu (1718–1736)
- The Rt. Hon. The Countess of Bute (1736–1792)
- The Rt. Hon. The Dowager Countess of Bute (1792–1794)
- Carrell, Jennifer Lee (2004). The Speckled Monster. Penguin Group. ISBN 978-1-4406-2335-6. Retrieved 4 August 2013.
- Miller, Karl, Stuart, Lady Louisa (1757–1851), writer in Oxford Dictionary of National Biography, Oxford University Press, September 2004 & online edition, January 2006 (subscription required) accessed 2 March 2008
- Mrs Delany, Autobiography and Correspondence of Mrs Delany (1861), vol. V, p. 36
|Peerage of Great Britain|
|Baroness Mount Stuart
The Duchess of Newcastle
|Spouse of the British Prime Minister