The recipe for Maryland Cookies was brought to the UK from the US in 1956 and is one of the UK's best selling biscuits. Over 12.3 billion Maryland Cookies are sold worldwide each year.
The flavours available for Maryland Cookies are:
- Chocolate Chip and Coconut (Export Only)
- Chocolate Chip and Hazelnut Cookies
- Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Fudge Brownie Cookies
- Mini Cookies and Milk
- Mini Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Apple Cranberry and Cinnamon Cookies
- Raisin Oat Chocolate Chunk and Maple Syrup Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Cookies
- White Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Limited Edition Triple Chocolate Cookies
- Mint Chip Cookies
- Strawberry and White Chocolate (Limited Edition 2012)
- Chocolate Gooeys
- Hazelnut Gooeys
- Triple Choc Gooeys
A normal sized box is about 22.5 x 5.5 x 6.0 cm and they are packaged in a cellophane wrapper. The packaging claims that Maryland Cookies are "The ORIGINAL Cookie," although this has yet to be verified.
- "Burton's relaunches Maryland Cookies.". Marketing (February , 2003). 2003-02-13. Retrieved 2008-03-09.
- From Burton's Food website, printable list: http://www.burtonsfoods.com/PrintResults.asp?type=3&value=9