Maryland Route 171 (MD 171) is a state highway in the U.S. state of Maryland. Known as Church Street, the state highway runs 1.54 miles (2.48 km) from MD 2 in Brooklyn Park east to MD 173 in the Curtis Bay neighborhood of Baltimore. MD 171 was constructed in the mid-1920s.
Route description 
MD 171 begins at an intersection with MD 2 (Governor Ritchie Highway) in Brooklyn Park. The state highway heads east as a two-lane street through a densely populated residential neighborhood. After passing 6th Street, MD 171 enters the city of Baltimore. After passing through the Curtis Bay neighborhood, the state highway meets its eastern terminus on the edge of the Curtis Bay Industrial Area at MD 173, which is formed by a one-way pair, Pennington Avenue southbound and Curtis Avenue northbound.
Church Street was laid out through what was then entirely Anne Arundel County by 1907. The Anne Arundel County portion of MD 171 was paved as a 15-foot (4.6 m) wide concrete road in 1926. It is not clear when the city part of the highway was paved, but the city portion was designated a state highway by 1946.
Junction list 
See also 
- ^ a b c Highway Information Services Division (2011). Highway Location Reference. Maryland State Highway Administration. Retrieved 2012-11-20.
- ^ a b c Highway Information Services Division (2005). Highway Location Reference. Maryland State Highway Administration. Retrieved 2012-11-20.
- ^ a b Google Inc. Google Maps – Maryland Route 171 (Map). Cartography by Google, Inc. http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=md-2+and+md-171+brooklyn+park,+md&daddr=Church+St&hl=en&geocode=FchrVgIdEvZu-yn5U7UWlwLIiTEO6eP5bVz9YQ%3BFTJ_VgIdcGFv-w&mra=ls&sll=39.220551,-76.601186&sspn=0.01526,0.038581&ie=UTF8&ll=39.220618,-76.60037&spn=0.01526,0.038581&t=h&z=15. Retrieved 2010-03-18.
- ^ United States Geological Survey. Relay, MD quadrangle (Map). 1:48,000. 15 Minute Series (Topographic) (1907 ed.). http://historical.mytopo.com/quad.cfm?quadname=Relay&state=MD&series=15. Retrieved 2012-12-15.
- ^ Mackall, John N.; Darnall, R. Bennett; Brown, W.W. (January 1927). Annual Reports of the State Roads Commission of Maryland (1924–1926 ed.). Baltimore: Maryland State Roads Commission. p. 66. Retrieved 2012-12-15.
- ^ Byron, William D.; Lacy, Robert (December 28, 1934). Report of the State Roads Commission of Maryland (1931–1934 ed.). Baltimore: Maryland State Roads Commission. p. 21. Retrieved 2012-12-15.
- ^ Maryland Geological Survey. Map of Maryland: Showing State Road System and State Aid Roads (Map) (1927 ed.).
- ^ Maryland State Roads Commission. Maryland: Official Highway Map (Map) (1946–47 ed.).
External links 
Route map: Google / Bing