Maryland Route 370
Maryland Route 370 highlighted in red
|Maintained by MDSHA|
|Length:||1.58 mi (2.54 km)|
|Existed:||1927 – present|
|South end:||MD 33 near Easton|
|North end:||Miles River Road near Unionville|
Maryland Route 370 (MD 370) is a state highway in the U.S. state of Maryland. Known as Unionville Road, the state highway runs 1.58 miles (2.54 km) from MD 33 near Easton to Miles River Road near Unionville. MD 370 connects Easton with the northwestern Talbot County villages of Unionville and Tunis Mills, which are separated from the county seat by the Miles River. The Miles River Bridge was constructed in the early 1910s. MD 370 was completed in the early 1930s when the bridge was connected with a modern road to MD 33.
MD 370 begins at an intersection with MD 33 (St. Michaels Road) a short distance west of the town of Easton. The state highway heads northwest as a two-lane road through a mix of farmland and residential subdivisions. MD 370 crosses the Miles River on a bascule drawbridge before reaching its northern terminus at an intersection with Miles River Road near Unionville. Unionville Road continues north as a county highway toward the center of Unionville and Tunis Mills.
The original Miles River Bridge was constructed as a state-aid project in 1913, along with 2 mi (3.2 km) of roads connecting the bridge to Unionville and Tunis Mills. The bridge was connected with a modern road to MD 33 by 1933. The original Miles River Bridge was replaced by the present bridge in 1984.
The entire route is in Talbot County.
|Easton||0.00||0.00||MD 33 (St. Michaels Road) – Easton, Saint Michaels||Southern terminus|
|Unionville||1.58||2.54||Unionville Road north / Miles River Road west||Northern terminus|
|1.000 mi = 1.609 km; 1.000 km = 0.621 mi
- Highway Information Services Division (December 31, 2013). Highway Location Reference. Maryland State Highway Administration. Retrieved 2010-09-13.
- Talbot County (PDF)
- Google, Inc. "Maryland Route 370". Google Maps (Map). Cartography by Google, Inc. http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=MD-370+S%2FUnionville+Rd&daddr=MD-370+N%2FUnionville+Rd&hl=en&geocode=FQzKTwIdTI12-w%3BFYwNUAIdHkh2-w&mra=ls&sll=38.803196,-76.133366&sspn=0.030702,0.077162&ie=UTF8&ll=38.792159,-76.125555&spn=0.030706,0.077162&t=h&z=14. Retrieved 2010-09-13.
- Weller, O.E.; Parran, Thomas; Miller, W.B.; Perry, John M.; Ramsay, Andrew; Smith, J. Frank (May 1916). "Annual Reports of the State Roads Commission of Maryland" (1912–1915 ed.). Baltimore: Maryland State Roads Commission. pp. 65, 95. Retrieved 2010-09-13.
- Maryland Geological Survey. Map of Maryland Showing State Road System: State Aid Roads and Improved County Road Connections (Map) (1933 ed.).
- Staff (2012). "NBI Structure Number: 100000200018010". National Bridge Inventory. Federal Highway Administration. Retrieved 2010-09-13.