Maryland Route 418
Maryland Route 418 highlighted in red
|Maintained by MDSHA|
|Length:||4.62 mi (7.44 km)|
|West end:||MD 60 in Leitersburg|
|MD 64 in Ringgold|
|East end:||SR 2007 near Ringgold|
Maryland Route 418 (MD 418) is a state highway in the U.S. state of Maryland. Known as Ringgold Pike, the state highway runs 4.62 miles (7.44 km) from Maryland Route 60 in Leitersburg east to the Pennsylvania state line near Ringgold, where the highway continues as State Route 2007 in Franklin County. MD 418 was constructed in 1930 from Leitersburg to Ringgold and extended to the state line in the mid-1950s. The state highway was rebuilt in the late 1950s.
MD 418 begins at an intersection with MD 60 (Leitersburg Pike) in Leitersburg outside of the Leitersburg Historic District, which can be accessed by Leiter Street and Ringgold Street, which are the old alignments of MD 60 and MD 418, respectively. MD 418 heads northeast as a two-lane highway through farmland. The state highway intersects MD 64 (Smithsburg Pike) just west of the unincorporated village of Ringgold. In Ringgold, MD 418 intersects Midvale Road and Windy Haven Road, which are the old alignments of MD 418 and MD 64, respectively. The state highway continues northeast, crossing a tributary to Red Run before reaching its terminus at the Pennsylvania state line. The highway continues north as SR 2007 (Midvale Road) toward the unincorporated village of Rouzerville.
MD 418 was paved from Leitersburg to Ringgold in 1930. The state highway was extended northeast to the Pennsylvania state line around 1956, the same year the highway's present alignment at its western end was constructed in conjunction with MD 60's bypass of Leitersburg. MD 418 was reconstructed from the eastern end of the bypass of Leitersburg to the state line in 1958, including the construction of the highway's present alignment through Ringgold.
The entire route is in Washington County.
|Leitersburg||0.00||0.00||MD 60 (Leiterstown Pike) – Hagerstown, Waynesboro|
|Ringgold||2.77||4.46||MD 64 (Smithsburg Pike) – Smithsburg, Waynesboro|
|4.62||7.44||SR 2007 (Midvale Road) – Rouzerville, PA||Pennsylvania state line|
|1.000 mi = 1.609 km; 1.000 km = 0.621 mi
- Highway Information Services Division (December 31, 2012). Highway Location Reference. Maryland State Highway Administration. Retrieved 2010-11-22.
- Washington County (PDF)
- Google Inc. "Maryland Route 418". Google Maps (Map). Cartography by Google, Inc. http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=Leitersburg+Pike&daddr=MD-418%2FRinggold+Pike&geocode=Fa22XQIdfppf-w%3BFc4UXgIdDchg-w&hl=en&mra=ls&sll=39.714318,-77.552791&sspn=0.015153,0.038581&ie=UTF8&ll=39.714846,-77.575493&spn=0.06061,0.154324&t=h&z=13. Retrieved 2010-11-22.
- Uhl, G. Clinton; Bruce, Howard; Shaw, John K. (October 1, 1930). Report of the State Roads Commission of Maryland (1927–1930 ed.). Baltimore: Maryland State Roads Commission. p. 232. Retrieved 2010-11-22.
- Maryland Geological Survey. Map of Maryland Showing State Road System: State Aid Roads and Improved County Road Connections (Map) (1930 ed.).
- Maryland State Roads Commission. Maryland: Official Highway Map (Map) (1956 ed.).
- Bonnell, Robert O.; Bennett, Edgar T.; McMullen, John J. (November 2, 1956). Report of the State Roads Commission of Maryland (1955–1956 ed.). Baltimore: Maryland State Roads Commission. p. 192. Retrieved 2010-11-22.
- Bonnell, Robert O.; Bennett, Edgar T.; McMullen, John J. (December 15, 1958). Report of the State Roads Commission of Maryland (1957–1958 ed.). Baltimore: Maryland State Roads Commission. p. 83. Retrieved 2010-11-22.