Maryland Route 508
|Maintained by MDSHA|
|Length:||1.20 mi (1.93 km)|
|Existed:||1933 – present|
|South end:||MD 506 at Bowens|
|North end:||MD 231 near Barstow|
Maryland Route 508 (MD 508) is a state highway in the U.S. state of Maryland. Known as Adelina Road, the state highway runs 1.20 miles (1.93 km) from MD 506 in Bowens north to MD 231 near Barstow. MD 508 was constructed in the early 1930s from MD 231 to Adelina. The southern terminus was rolled back to Bowens in the late 1950s.
MD 508 begins at a four-way intersection in Bowens. Sixes Road heads east as MD 506 toward Port Republic and west as a county highway toward the Patuxent River. Adelina Road continues south as a county highway toward the unincorporated community of Adelina and the historic home Taney Place, which was the birthplace of Supreme Court Chief Justice Roger Taney. MD 508 heads north as a two-lane road through a forested area with scattered residences. The state highway reaches its northern terminus at MD 231 (Hallowing Point Road) near Barstow.
The entire route is in Calvert County.
|Bowens||0.00||0.00||MD 506 east (Sixes Road) / Sixes Road west / Adelina Road south – Adelina, Port Republic||Southern terminus; western terminus of MD 506|
|Barstow||1.20||1.93||MD 231 (Hallowing Point Road) – Prince Frederick, Hughesville||Northern terminus|
|1.000 mi = 1.609 km; 1.000 km = 0.621 mi
- Highway Information Services Division (December 31, 2013). Highway Location Reference. Maryland State Highway Administration. Retrieved 2011-02-21.
- Calvert County (PDF)
- Google Inc. "Maryland Route 508". Google Maps (Map). Cartography by Google, Inc. http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=MD-508+N%2FAdelina+Rd&daddr=MD-508+S%2FAdelina+Rd&hl=en&geocode=FY9jSwIduNVu-w%3BFa6kSwIdYNZu-w&mra=ls&sll=38.495687,-76.631398&sspn=0.015182,0.038581&ie=UTF8&t=h&z=14. Retrieved 2011-02-21.
- Byron, William D.; Lacy, Robert (December 28, 1934). Report of the State Roads Commission of Maryland (1931–1934 ed.). Baltimore: Maryland State Roads Commission. p. 32. Retrieved 2011-02-21.
- Maryland Geological Survey. Map of Maryland Showing State Road System: State Aid Roads and Improved County Road Connections (Map) (1933 ed.).
- Maryland State Roads Commission. Maryland: Official Highway Map (Map) (1957 ed.).