|This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2014)|
The Maryvale Institute is a college of further and higher education, an International Catholic Distance-Learning College for Catechesis, Theology, Philosophy and Religious Education in Old Oscott, Great Barr, Birmingham, England. It specialises in the provision of part-time and distance learning courses to the lay faithful and ministers of the Roman Catholic Church.
The College has existed in its current state since 1980, on the site of an earlier college, founded in 1794 for both the training of priests and the education of lay pupils.
- Adult Studies in the Catechism of the Catholic Church
- Maryvale Certificate in Catechesis (MCC)
- Teachings of Pope John Paul II (Encyclical Studies)
- New Evangelisation and Ministry
- Listening to the word
- Catholic Certificate for Religious Studies (For teachers in Catholic Schools)
- Certificate in Studies in the Catholic Catechism
- Religious / Pre-seminarian course in the Catholic catechism
Higher education - undergraduate
- B. Divinity
- BA Philosophy (Validated by Open University)
- Diploma in Art, Inspiration and Beauty in Catholic perspective
Higher education - postgraduate
- MA in Catholic Applied Theology (Validated by the Open University)
The Institute is part of the Archdiocese of Birmingham. Its Doctoral (PhD) programme is accredited by Liverpool Hope University. Its Masters programme is accredited by the Open University. The emphasis of the Institute is on Diocesan catechesis. The validator of the B. Divinity programme is the Faculté-Notre Dame at the École cathédrale de Paris.
- "PGR Information for Staff". Liverpool Hope University. Retrieved 2014-06-13.