Not to be confused with Kazuhiko Masada, who also wrestles under the ring name MASADA.
Masada making his entrance at a Squared Circle Wrestling show in Niagara Falls, NY
|Birth name||Brigdam Paul Doane|
June 16, 1981 |
|Professional wrestling career|
|Billed height||6 ft 0 in (1.83 m)|
|Billed weight||216 lb (98 kg)|
|Billed from||Waco, Texas|
|Trained by||Texas Wrestling Academy|
Brigham Paul Doane (born June 16, 1981), better known by his ring name MASADA, is an American professional wrestler. He is best known for his appearances in Ring of Honor, Combat Zone Wrestling, Full Impact Pro, NWA Wildside, and his tours with Big Japan Pro Wrestling. He has also wrestled matches for World Wrestling Entertainment and Total Nonstop Action Wrestling.
Doane was trained by Rudy Boy Gonzalez and Shawn Michaels at the Texas Wrestling Academy. He then began his professional career by debuting in the Coastal States Wrestling Alliance (CSWA) before moving to Ring of Honor as a member of The Carnage Crew with HC Loc, DeVito, and later Justin Credible. Together, they would wrestle a number of tag matches. He also wrestled in six man mayhem matches and proved that despite his size, he could still move quickly and keep up with the smaller competitors. At At Our Best, Masada and the rest of The Carnage Crew (accompanied by Dusty Rhodes) won the second ever Scramble Cage in the main event against Special K, who The Carnage Crew had been feuding with. However, The Carnage Crew's celebration with Rhodes was cut short in the locker room as it was discovered that somebody had defecated in the bags of Loc and DeVito.
Two months later, at Generation Next, it was revealed that Masada and his new partner Danny Daniels were responsible for the transgressions. That night, he and Daniels formed a team called The New and Improved Carnage Crew and defeated the original Carnage Crew. This new team left Loc and DeVito wondering why Masada turned on them, and also wondering what Daniels has against them. The Carnage Crew wanted revenge, but DeVito was injured and told Loc to wait for him to return until taking out his anger. During this time, Masada and Daniels looked impressive as a team, however, when DeVito returned the two teams would meet. At Reborn: Completion, The Carnage Crew defeated The New and Improved Carnage Crew for the rights to use the Carnage Crew name in what turned out to be Masada's last match in ROH.
Masada wrestled in BJW also, feuding with Ryuji Ito.
Along with ROH, Masada wrestled for many other companies. He wrestled alongside Jared Steele and Delirious against 3 Live Kru in a dark match for TNA as well against Maven on WWE Heat. Masada also wrestled for IWA Mid-South, Full Impact Pro, and NWA Wildside, where he won the Tag Team championship with Todd Sexton.
On December 25, 2008, Masada had an extremely bloody deathmatch involving razor blades against Jun Kasai in Apache Pro-Wrestling. He wrestled in the IWA Mid-South King of the Deathmatches 2009, winning the tournament in a bloody final which also included Necro Butcher, Thumbtack Jack and Dysfunction. He wrestled in the CZW Tournament of Death: Rewind losing to Thumbtack Jack in the finals.
MASADA defended the Anarchy Championship Wrestling World Hardcore Championship against Jerry Lynn on August 22, 2010 in Austin Texas. After a nearly two-year reign, MASADA lost the title to Matthew Palmer at Guilty by Association 6 in a Scaffold Match.
On June 25, 2011, Masada became only the second wrestler (behind Necro Butcher) to win both IWA-MS' "King of the Deathmatches" and CZW's "Tournament of Death".
On July 9, 2011, Masada defeated Danny Havoc for the CZW Ultraviolent Underground Championship. On March 10, 2012 Masada won the CZW World Heavyweight Championship after defeating previous champion Scotty Vortekz, DJ Hyde and Devon Moore in a four-way match. On June 23, 2012 Masada defeated Drake Younger to win the 2012 CZW Tournament of Death. With the victory, Masada became the wrestler to win the tournament in consecutive years. On August 10, 2013, Masada lost the CZW World Heavyweight Championship to Drew Gulak.
- Signature moves
- Entrance themes
Championships and accomplishments
- Anarchy Championship Wrestling
- ACW Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
- ACW World Hardcore Championship (1 time)
- 9th Annual Lone Star Classic (2014)
- Extreme Texas Wrestling
- ETW Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
- PAIN LIMIT 2010 Winner
- River City Wrestling
- RCW Heavyweight Championship (1 time) 
- RCW International Championship (1 time)
- XCW Wrestling
1Championship was unified with the CZW World Title, retiring the title and making Masada the last champion.
- Online World of Wrestling : Masada
- "Masada Profile". bjwfans.com. Retrieved 2008-07-09.
- "Masada Profile". cagematch.de. Retrieved 2008-07-09.
- "Konnan Bio". accelerator3359.com. Retrieved 2008-07-09.
- "SNH Report: Maven vs. Masada". mavenhuffman.com. Retrieved 2008-07-09.
- Namako, Jason (2013-08-12). "8/10 CZW Tangled Web 6 iPPV Results: Voorhees, New Jersey". WrestleView. Retrieved 2013-08-12.
- Ruiz Glez, Alex (2013-03-19). "Masada y Christina Von Eerie Comprometidos" (in Spanish). SuperLuchas Magazine. Retrieved 2013-05-31.
- "Gusset Plate Death Match - MASADA beat Danny Havoc with an STF".
- "MASADA Nickname(s) - Cagematch profile".
- Namako, Jason (2013-07-14). "7/13 CZW New Heights iPPV Results: Voorhees, New Jersey". WrestleView. Retrieved 2013-07-15.
- "ETW HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE HISTORY". solie.org. Retrieved 2008-07-09.
- "GEORGIA/WILDSIDE JUNIOR HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE HISTORY". solie.org. Retrieved 2008-07-09.
- "Pro Wrestling Illustrated (PWI) 500 for 2013". The Internet Wrestling Database. Retrieved 2013-08-22.
- "Independent Wrestling Results - March 2007". onlineworldofwrestling.com. Retrieved 2008-07-04.
- "BATTLE BOX 9 TONIGHT - 04/04/2008". xcwonline.net. Retrieved 2008-07-09.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Masada (wrestler).|