|Place of origin||India|
|Region or state||South India|
|Main ingredients||Parbolied rice, potato|
|Variations||Mysore masala dosa, rava masala dosa, onion masla dosa|
|Cookbook:Masala dosa Masala dosa|
|This article is part of the series|
Masala dosa is a popular South Indian food which is made from rice, potato, methi, curry leaves and served with chutneys and daal. Previously it was one of the most common breakfast in the South and now Masala dosa can be found in rest of India and other parts of the world. It is the most popular variation of dosa. In South India preparation of masala dosa varies from city to city.  South Indian dish masala dosa ranked number 4 on the list of '10 foods to try before you die', compiled by US newspaper The Huffington Post.
Rice, husked black gram, mustard seeds, fenugreek seeds, salt, vegetable oil, potatoes, onion, green chillies, curry leaves, turmeric.
- "India, Crisped on a Griddle: Classic Masala dosa". http://food.ndtv.com/. NDTV food.
- "Masala dosa slips out of reach". The Hindu.
- "What A Masala dosa Costs Around The World". http://www.huffingtonpost.in/. Huffingtonpost India.
- "Masala dosa to Die For". http://www.nytimes.com/. The New York Times.
- "Dosa’s complex spices hit the spot". http://www.sfchronicle.com/. San Francisco chronicle.
- "American Dosa". http://www.forbes.com/. Forbes.
- "10 Foods Around The World To Try Before You Die (PHOTOS)". http://www.huffingtonpost.com/. The Huffington Post.
- "How to Make Masala dosa at Home". http://idiva.com/. idiva.
- "Recipe-Masala dosa". Zee News.
- "Masala dosa". http://food.ndtv.com/. NDTV food.
- Masala dosa ranked at No-4 on the list of top 10 foods by Huffingtonpost
- Transformation of Masala dosa published by The Times Of India
- He relished Masala dosas in Bangalore
- Hollywood, Masala dosa and research