|Masatsugu Sei Suzuki|
|Alma mater||Yokohama National University, and University of Tokyo|
|Doctoral advisor||Prof. Sei-ichi Tanuma|
Masatsugu Sei Suzuki is a Japanese-American physicist. He is a professor of physics and is affiliated with the Institute for Materials Research at Binghamton University. Dr. Suzuki has published 155 scientific papers in peer-reviewed journals.
Education and career
Dr. Suzuki received his B.S. and M.S. degrees in electrical engineering from Yokohama National University in 1971 and 1973, respectively. He received his Ph.D. in physics from the University of Tokyo.
After completing his Ph.D., Dr. Suzuki was a Research Associate with the Department of Physics at Ochanomizu University in Tokyo, Japan until 1984. He has been a member of the physics faculty at Binghamton University since 1986. Prior to joining the physics department at Binghamton, he spent a year as a Visiting Scientist with the Department of Physics at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign followed by a year as a Visiting Scientist with Schlumberger-Doll Research in Ridgefield, Connecticut.
Dr. Suzuki primarily investigates the structural and magnetic properties of various graphite intercolation compounds.
In his spare time, Dr. Suzuki enjoys traveling with his family. He works along with his wife, Professor Itsuko Suzuki, in adjacent offices at Binghamton University. They frequently take walks together around campus.
- Toshiaki Enoki, Masatsugu Suzuki, and Morinobu Endo (2003). Graphite Intercalation Compounds and Applications. Oxford University Press. ISBN 0-19-512827-3.
Most Cited Papers
Dr. Suzuki has published over 100 scientific papers. The following is a short list of some of his most cited papers.
- Suzuki M, Masatsugu (1990). "Magnetic-Properties of Stage 2 CoCl2-Graphite Intercalation Compound". Critical Reviews in Solid State and Material Sciences 16 (4): 237–254. Bibcode:1990CRSSM..16..237S. doi:10.1080/10408439008243749.
- Suzuki M, Lee C, Suzuki IS, Matsubara K, Sugihara K (1996). "c-axis resistivity of MoCl5 graphite intercalation compounds". Physical Review B 54 (23): 17128–17140. Bibcode:1996PhRvB..5417128S. doi:10.1103/PhysRevB.54.17128.
- Song YN, Zavalij PY, Suzuki M, Whittingham MS (2002). "New iron(III) phosphate phases: Crystal structure and electrochemical and magnetic properties". Inorganic Chemistry 41 (22): 5778–5786. doi:10.1021/ic025688q. PMID 12401083.
- Suzuki M, Suzuki IS, Burr CR, Wiesler DG, Rosov N, Koga K (1994). "Structural and magnetic properties of CuCl2 graphite intercalation compounds". Physical Review B 50 (13): 9188–9199. Bibcode:1994PhRvB..50.9188S. doi:10.1103/PhysRevB.50.9188.
- Suzuki IS, Suzuki M, Tien LF, Burr CR, Itsuko; Suzuki, Masatsugu; Tien, Li-Fen; Burr, Charles (1991). "Structural and magnetic properties of stage-2 CocMn1-cCl2-graphite intercalation compounds". Physical Review B 43 (8): 6393–6404. Bibcode:1991PhRvB..43.6393S. doi:10.1103/PhysRevB.43.6393.
- Suzuki's web page
- Binghamton University physics department
- Materials Science and Engineering program at Binghamton University