Federal State Unitary Enterprise Foreign Economic Association Mashpriborintorg (Russian: Федеральное государственное унитарное предприятие Внешнеэкономическое объединение Машприборинторг, abbreviated as ФГУП ВО Машприборинторг) also known as V/O Mashpriborintorg was a Soviet era export conglomerate. During the late 1950s and 1960s and 1970s, it exported millions of units of photographic and cinematic equipment to about 74 countries worldwide. According to the USSR Ministry of Foreign Trade magazine issued 1996 Mashpriborintorg of the State of the Russian Federation for Defence Branches of Industry is "a leading exporter and importer of electronic and communications equipment for the civilian and special designation". Mashpriborintorg, Stankoimport, Avtopromimport, Tekmashimport and Tekhnopromimport are the top companies of the Soviet/Russian trade system.
Mashpriborintorg was founded in the Soviet Union in October 1959 as Foreign Economic Association Mashpriborintorg. In 1991 after the fall of the Soviet Union it was re-registered as Federal State Unitary Enterprise "VO" Mashpriborintorg.
Although it was part of the Soviet Trade Ministry, it is not known if it was under the direct control of the ministry or a separate entity. In the period between 1960-1980 it was one of the largest industry associations of the USSR. Between 1960 and 1975 it was the only export company in Russia and had exported nine million radios, radio-record player sets and televisions to over ninety countries worldwide.
It participated as a supplier of the 1980 Moscow Olympics. During the period between 1960-1980 it was the main exporter of Smena and Zenit cameras to the West. It also exported precision microscopes to Japanese companies such as Sony, Sumitomo, Canon and Toshiba.
In 1991 it reorganised. In September 2004 by decree No. 1009 of the President of the Russian Federation it was included in the list of strategic Russian companies which made it exempt from corporatization.
Mashpriborintorg currently imports and exports telecommunications equipment, radios, television and acoustic equipment, computers, electronic components, spare parts for civil aircraft and helicopters, autonomous power systems and products and spare parts for manufacturing plants.
- Mashpriborintorg-Akustika Co. Ltd. dealing with the import and export of home audio equipment.
- Mashpriborkom Co. Ltd. dealing with the import of telecommunication facilities including trunk lines.
- Mashpriborintorg Signal Co. Ltd. dealing with the import and export of radio and telecommunications equipment.
- Company history from Mashpriborintorg.com
- Federal State Unitary Enterprise Foreign Economic Association “MASHPRIBORINTORG” from Mashpriborintorg.com (English version through Internet Archive)
- Harry Heward Stikeman. Canada tax cases, Volume 2 Authors Canada. Exchequer Court, Canada. Supreme Court, Canada. Federal Court, Canada. Tax Review Board, Great Britain. Privy Council. Judicial Committee. R. De Boo, 1993. pp. 2482–2488.
- MashPriborIntorg Export magazine from USSR Photo website
- Price Guide to Antique and classic Cameras. McKeown. 1987-1988, pp. 306-307 ISBN 0-931838-10-X
- U.S.S.R. Ministry of Foreign Trade, 1996. "Soviet Union. Ministerstvo vneshneĭ torgovli, Soviet Union. Ministerstvo vneshnikh ėkonomicheskikh sv︠i︡azeĭ, Russia (Federation). Ministerstvo vneshnikh ėkonomicheskikh sv︠i︡azeĭ". Foreign trade, Issues 1-6.
- "101 checklists for coping with worldwide countertrade problems". Business International research report (Business International S.A.): 108. 1985.
- Mashpriborintorg.com (Through Internet Archive)
- Nielsen Business Media, Inc. (18 January 1975). Billboard. Nielsen Business Media, Inc. p. 68. ISSN 0006-2510. Retrieved 4 December 2012.
V/O Mashpriborintorg, Russia's sole trading firm exporting consumer electronics, has exported nine million radios, radio-record players and television sets to more than ninety countries since 1960
- Journal of the US-USSR Trade and Economic Council. The Council. 1984. Retrieved 4 December 2012.
Optical glass sold by Mashpriborintorg are widely used around the world precision measurement microscopes UIM-23 and UIM-24 successfully perform in laboratories of Sony, Sumitomo, Canon, Toshiba, National companies of Japan and ...
- Mashpriborintorg information from rusimpex.ru